Christina Ch…, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

What makes Noe Valley so family friendly?

Asked by Christina Chen, San Francisco, CA Mon Sep 26, 2011

I've heard many people say Noe Valley is family friendly. Considering it is still in the heart of San Francisco, what makes Noe Valley a great place for families?

I was born and raised in Noe. It's the weather, the community, the views, the commercial strip,(24th and now 30th), the parks, the schools, Noe Valley Ministry (excellent pre-schools), the accessibility to everything and every 'hood very easy. I can be anywhere in SF in 15 mins from there and when I'm in Noe I have friends all around.Walk down 24th St on Halloween and you'll see all the families!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 21, 2012
I lived in Noe Valley for four years and based on my experience I would say it has to do with the lower density of restaurants/bars, low car traffic (not as many people cross through Noe to get to another part of town), and overall feel -- it definitely has more of a suburban feel to the area. It seems to be a nice transition for folks starting a family (where young parents aren't quite ready to leave the city but want a bit more space and something a little more low-key).

I also included a similar thread from a few years ago that pretty much answers this question. Hope that helps!