What is the value of a parking spot in the Russian Hill neighborhood in San Francisco?

Asked by Lauren Winston, San Francisco, CA Thu Jul 26, 2007

Answers

8
steven yarger, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Nov 19, 2011
Our apartment charges $150, but I'm pretty sure that's only if you're renting here. I wouldn't be surprised at any monthly fee up to $300 if it was independent...
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Tue Jul 10, 2012
I know sometimes apartment buildings rent out spaces to tenants for less, I think I've heard as low as $200...and that's pretty decent for the area.

Hope that helps,
Ali, Community Manager
Michael, Agent,
Wed Jun 20, 2012
$350 is the going rate @ Union/Mason area
Barbara Brod…, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Fri Nov 25, 2011
A great friend of mine lives on Jones and Vallejo and paid $400 per month for a parking space/garage nearby. Not sure if you are looking for additional value for a resale of a home depending on your location it can be anywhere from 50K to 200K. Local area realtor would be able to define what that magic number is.
Mike Hill, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Sep 10, 2007
Hi Lauren - I live on Taylor and Filbert and in that location it will cost you $300 to $400 per month.
-mike
Web Reference:  http://www.realtorchef.com
Yvonne Jaram…, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sun Aug 19, 2007
Not sure if you are looking for one, or want to sell yours - if you are renting or if you own and wondering what the premium as to your home price is for one - BUT I have seen them renting from $200 and up. I think a parking spot or two could add $75-$200K to the price of your home if you own, depending upon the home and location. Believe it or not, I used to live on Russian Hill w/o a parking spot, at 2200 Leavenworth at the bottom of Lombard, and I actually found parking every day, about 95% of the time on my own block. Parking is definitely worse in summer when tourists are out in full force.
Mary Fenton, , San Francisco, CA
Thu Jul 26, 2007
Right now I am seeing parking spots in Russian Hill (which are few and far between by the way) for $275 to $300 per month. A really great source for keeping track of parking spots in any neighborhood is Craigslist.
Web Reference:  http://www.craigslist.org
Annette DiRe…, , Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy
Thu Jul 26, 2007
Hi Laura,
I don't specialize in the City; but I can get you a local area expert who can answer that question for you! (Alain Pinel Realtors just opened an office in the City). You & I both know that parking is a premium, please email me & I'll get you to the right person!