What is the best and quiet suburb in St Louis, MO?

Asked by parvaz66, Saint Louis, MO Thu Sep 12, 2013

We (a couple) are coming to St Lois soon. It's very import for me to live in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood. Which one is better, house or apartment?

Answers

4
Dale Weir, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Sep 12, 2013
St Louis has many wonderful, peaceful, quiet neighborhoods. There is so much more than that though in deciding where you want to live. St Louis is one if the 10 largest metro areas in the US - we have a lot of diversity in our housing - from 100 year old Victorian neighborhoods, to brick bungalows that look like Gingerbread houses, to Mid- century modern, to new open floor plan construction homes.

Many people start by considering how close they want to be to work, school, place of worship or something else that is important to them. Then they consider the type of homes that they want to have, along with the amenities that they want in their new home, along with the neighborhoods that they are interested in.

When comparing condos, apartments and homes, it truly depends on how well they are built and the finishes that are used. When the finishes are changed, noise levels change. For example, as carpeting has gone out of style and hard surface flooring (such as tile, laminate and hardwood) has come into style, noise levels go up - not just in your apartment/condo, but in your neighbors. Carpeting and its padding absorbs a lot of noise, hard surface floors allow noise to reverberate and both the apartment/condo that the flooring is in and the units around it all become noisier as a result.

I love St Louis and I love to share it with others. If I can be of assistance with your move, pease let me know.
Dear Dale,
Thanks for your reply. My husband will work as a scholar in Washington University. The most important issue for us is noise! I have bad experience in NZ regarding loud music and party noise from my neighbors! Is there any chance to grab a good insulated property with double glazed windows in a quiet suburb? We can afford around USD 600 per month. Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Rosa
Flag Fri Sep 13, 2013
Tanya Ess-Yo…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Please see the provided link below. Also if you have an area that you are interested in I recommend contacting the local police station and requesting some statistics be sent to you.
Tonja Neal, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Wow. There are many neighborhoods that offer quiet but there are different factors when comparing house verses apartment. We should speak. If you are not already working with a realtor, please call me, 314- 704-5424
Saba, Renter, 63119
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Clayton,many condo's for rent and it close to Wash U and is quiet neighborhood.