Karen, Other/Just Looking in 11233

What do I do about people leaving trash on my curb on NON pick up days? I keep getting fined/violations (ECB)

Asked by Karen, 11233 Sun Feb 22, 2009

I have a vacant 2 family brownstone in Bed-Sty going through the slow foreclosure process... waiting for it to go up for auction.

Stage of foreclosure-a referree was assigned in Dec. 2008 to examine the account.

I have cleaned the property, boarded up the place, changed all locks on doors and front gate, and come in
once a week to check on property, pick up rubbish, etc. (I live in NJ).

It's a bad enough situation. During the week, people are putting bags of trash on my curb on NON-pick up days.

I hardly have control over that. thank you for any help.

Answers

2
Everett Perry, Agent, Fresh Meadows, NY
Mon Feb 23, 2009
If you contact 311 and lodge the complaint, they wil refer it to the sanitation police. They actually come out and will set up a sting.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Feb 22, 2009
Karen,

I would try contacting the local police department and file a formal complaint. If this is a regular occurance, they may be able to support you.

I might consider investing in or renting security cameras to try to identify who is doing this and then report them to the PD.