What are you looking for in a home so that you and your new love will have a happy relationship?

Asked by Emily Erekuff, Menifee, CA Thu Feb 5, 2009

His and her sinks in the bathroom? A 2-car garage? Maybe an ocean view?
Valentine's day is coming and we're wondering which home features you think will help keep the magic alive.

Answers

8
Adam, , San Francisco, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
If movies and TV have taught me anything it's that a bear skin rug and a fireplace (maybe some candles, too) are the key to keeping the magic alive.
Viviana Katz, Agent, Altamonte Springs, FL
Thu Feb 5, 2009
A house becomes a home with love, activity, and guests. No amount of money can make a house a home, but just the slightest effort can make a home a castle!
Erika, , San Jose, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
I would love a home with a soundproof room equipped with reclining chairs, a big-screen TV and a kegerator dedicated exclusively to sports. This would avoid future findings of chee-tos between the cushions of my expensive sofa and the noise of loud sports and grunting sports fans in my home.

It would really keep the peace and most importantly, keep the magic alive.
Sharon Go, , San Francisco, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
A nice patio would be great. You can host family and friends for lazy Sunday brunches/picnics or even to just relax with your significant other. If there was a lake nearby, that would be the ideal view. ;)

I think planting some kind of fruit tree and having a vegetable garden would be amazing too. It's adds to building a life together.

And building a playhouse/play structure for the kids. That way, if they ever feel like going for a swing, they can just run outside and you can keep an eye on them while doing other things.

Happy Valentine's Day!
J R, , New York, NY
Fri Feb 6, 2009
Lots of Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put a lot of exclamations so I'd have enough characters. :)
Sol Garger, Renter, San Francisco, CA
Fri Feb 6, 2009
I like open spaces and open floor plans. I can then carry on with my household projects and hobbies, and look up at charming glances I get from my partner at any time, while she carries on with hers. Even more so, you get to make the place really meet your lifestyle, and not feel like you are separating yourself from everyone else in the house the whole time!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 14, 2009
An environment perfect for creating life's fond memories.................................
Hannah, , San Francisco, CA
Sat Feb 14, 2009
A spacious house with a nice ocean or lake view and a cozy fireplace!