Wpkefamily, Home Buyer in Ocean City, NJ

What are the pros and cons of Ocean City as a location for a retirement home? Where to people who retire in OC come from?

Asked by Wpkefamily, Ocean City, NJ Thu Jun 28, 2012

Kenneth Fowser’s answer
Ocean City is a prime location to retire in. We have a new Aqua-Fitness center that also has a library,art center,cafe and history museum within it's walls. We have many activities to enjoy all year round for both seniors and young families alike. We do have several good year round restaurants in Ocean City and many more just across the bridges within a mile of Ocean City.Atlantic City is also close by. Most of the people that retire here have roots in the Delaware Valley. Many folks come from PA,Del.North Jersey and even New York. We have the 3rd lowest tax rate in the state.The people are very friendly here and it is just a wonderful place to live.Every year we see more and more people retiring here. Many of them go to Florida for a few months and live in Ocean City most of the year. That gives folks the best of both worlds.Many baby boomers are making Ocean City their primary home. There is a good reason for that. It's just a great place to relax and live a happy and healthy lifestyle. Call me with any questions you may have, as I live here year round and I have enjoyed Ocean City since 1958. My direct line is: 609-412-8258
my website is: http://www.kenfowser.com and my email address is: Kenfowser@comcast.net
Seas the Day! (my motto)
Ocean City is a GREAT Town! No matter where you live here you can walk to the water! If you like sunsets the Bay side of the island is for you, if you like sunrises then choose the Ocean side of the island. We have a 2 1/2 mile long boardwalk where you can safely ride your bicycle all year long while you breathe in the healthy salt air and gaze at the ocean. Good for the body and the soul! There are churches of just about every denomination. We have a very desirable school system. Our town's Public Relations Dept. head, Mark Soifer, goes to great lengths to make sure the town offers an assortment of fun events and activities all year long! While there has been much debate over whether being a dry town is a good thing or not, it boils down to your personal preference. Unfortunately, there are no good year round restaurants because of this. However we are very close to neighboring towns that do have lots of good year round restaurants. We have a public golf course and are a short drive from the renowned Seaview Resort Golf Course. We have art galleries and shops. I live in Ocean City year round and made the choice after vacationing here my entire life. Many residents are from the Tri-State area and have vacationed here since they were children. If you are looking for a quiet safe town then Ocean City is for you! If you need help finding the perfect spot for your future home, I would be happy to help you! In the meantime you can begin your search on our website:

Joanne Bernardini
Coldwell Banker -Casa Bella Realty
601 Linwood, NJ 08221
cell 609-946-2451
People come from all over to retire in OC. Lots from PA, other parts of NJ, and more North. It is a quiet resort in the Winter and bustling with fun in the Summer. OC and it's many surrounding shore towns all are ideal. You are close to AC, a short drive to Cape May & ferry to DE, an hour drive to Philly, and two and half hour drive to NYC. Close to ACY airport. We would love to sit and discuss all the reasons and show you around. You can contact us at 609-892-0512 Jill or at 609-602-7140. We are a husband and wife team with Keller Williams.
Web Reference: http://Www.teamocjack.com
All Pros...no Cons! GREAT Beaches Great, GREAT Boating, GREAT Fishing, GREAT Climate, GREAT Schools, GREAT People, A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE>

RICK ADAMS REMAX AT THE SHORE six o nine six o two o six eight four
Pros are a great family small town w boardwalk beach and golfing. Dry town makes all the difference. The makeup of people are long time
Summer people who eventually retire year round here, pa and Delaware and different areas of New Jersey. Certain areas in town are ideal for similiar use vs. areas that are consistently weekly rental areas. Please feel free
To call us to discuss a detailed breakdown of the island! Nicole Presnall, The Presnall Group 609-827-3119.