Quality of Life in Worcester>Question Details

Looking To M…, Home Buyer in Massachusetts

What are the nice areas to buy a house around worcester, ma?

Asked by Looking To Move, Massachusetts Tue Feb 19, 2008

Looking to spend under $750,000, and looking for about .5 acre, not too isolated, but with some nice restaurants but also nature/walking trails nearby.

For that type of acreage in the city of Worcester, you really need to look at areas such as Tatnuck and West Tatnuck, Salisbury Heights - zip codes of 01609, 01602 - all on the west and northwest side of Worcester near the Holden line. You may find some homes in the northeast side of Burncoat, zip 01606. Worcester has many restaurants downtown to choose from on Main Street and Shrewsbury Street, all within 15 minutes drive from those areas. If you go with the immediate surrounding towns around Worcester, I'd recommend Holden, Millbury, and Shrewsbury. Grafton is also about 15-20 min southeast of Worcester. If you'd like more info or are in need of a realtor's services, feel free to contact me anytime.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 19, 2008
This question is from February!!!! I am sure they have it figured out by now.
01602 and 01609 are the most desirable. A home with land in worcester can be tough to find, but with $750000, you should be able to find a really nice place. You may want to check out places like Holden and Paxton and Grafton too. They are located next to Worcester, but you'll probably have a easier time finding something with land.
Honestly, the only places to look in Worcester are 01602 or 01609, Especially with the range you are talking about, I would look at places like Moreland (lots of Tudors), Salisbury(victorians and old money), Moreland Green(McMansions), and anywhere in the "highlands" or Worcester, which is exactly what it sounds like, in the hills. Take out a map. Look at the Paxton or Holden end of things, That's where to head, my friend. Happy hunting!
I was doing a search of Worcester and came across some interesting places.

This is a very affordable single family in town ... Looks like it has a ton of character and nice space. Not the acreage you were originally looking for but prime town location:

Here is a gorgeous tudor home, not a far drive from town and has over.5acres.

Unbelievable home on just a hair under .5 acres. In the historic district. has had large price drops:

Hope your search is going well!
Look west young homebuyer. Sturbridge is easily accesible from the Mass Pike, 45 minutes to Marlboro, and boasts some of Worcester Countys' best restaurants! (Cedar Street, Rovezzi's etc.. .Our Middle and High schools are new and top of the line, (public access to indoor pool!), and the rural nature of the surrounding area provides nature trails and parks utilized by many of the residents. Your investment will go much further in this area. Don't make a major investment without considering the Sturbridge area!
Hi. $750,000 will go a very long way in Worcester suburbs. I specialize in the towns just East of Worcester where outdoor recreation is in an abundance. Right here in Northborough (ten minutes outside of Worcester), we have Mount Pisgah with a multitude of marked hiking/walking trails. You will also find apple orchards, recreational lakes, bicycling trails, you name it. Yet you are within minutes of excellent restaurants, shopping, major commuting routes etc etc. There really is something for everybody! Feel free to contact me if you'd like a sampling of the residential properties that are available.