We going to be stationed at Ft. Leavenworth. Wher is a nice place to rent or buy close to there?

Asked by Val, Fort Sill, OK Tue Jan 1, 2008

Answers

7
Renee Hansen’s answer
Renee Hansen, Other Pro, Leavenworth, KS
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Hi, I am Rick Hansen. I moved to the area almost 15 years ago and then retired from the military and stayed here, because it is such a great area. I would recommend either Leavenworth or Lansing because both are close to Ft. Leavenworth. The beauty of living in the area is the short commute time. Both school disticts are good. There are both new housing developments, as well as older neighborhoods to rent or buy. I am a Realtor and have my own Property Management business. Feel free to contact me if you have more questions about renting or buying.
Sandy Nelson, Agent, Olympia, WA
Tue Jan 1, 2008
Val,
I've been to both Ft. Sill and Ft. Leavenworth.
The town of Leavenworth is a nice place to buy or rent. It's a lot nicer and safer than Lawton, OK. The installation housing office will be able to help you find rental homes. I've listed their website under web references. If you're looking to buy in the area, I can recommend Harry Burgess at Mayo Auction & Realty. He's former Army.

Sandy
Christina Mo…, Agent, Olathe, KS
Thu Feb 23, 2017
If you are moving to the Fort Leavenworth Area, we would be happy to assist! We are a military friendly real estate group and we can help find you a home, sell your home and we offer Relocation Services. For more info on this area, you can visit http://www.veteranpreferredprogram.com/best-places-to-live-i…
Amanda, Home Buyer, Lansing, KS
Wed Jul 1, 2009
I just recently bought a house in Lansing. After researching the area, i found that Lansing schools are the best. the town is safe. I used Mike Moreau with Coldwell Banker reilly and sons. Excellent agent!!
Guzey, , Leavenworth, KS
Sun Apr 19, 2009
Didn't Specifiy rank, and only the officer perspective has been given :), but from my honest opinon, to live off post the Towns of Leavenworth and Platte city are the best choices.

Leavenworth has a nice home town america feel, with a very supportive attitude towards the military.
The majority of the town is pretty nice, but there are some steets, I would hesititate to live near.

I haven't been out to platte city, but I only hear good things about, I'm a SSG with a wife who doesn't work, so leavenworth was a little more in my league.

I got here in december from germany and used - Theresa Wiggens from leavenworth's Reece & Nichols, she was great.

Hope I helped out a bit,

Jeff
Steve, , Lansing, MI
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Wyndham Hill in Lansing is a fantastic subdivision if you're going to be stationed at the fort. All homes were built in the last seven years. The prices are very affordable and in line with housing allowances for MAJs and LTCs.
Mike Nielsen, Agent, Lansing, KS
Mon Jan 14, 2008
There are plenty of nice places to rent or buy in the Fort Leavenworth area (I am a retired Army Officer and a REALTOR serving the Leavenworth/Lansing area). If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to visit my website or send me an email. Travel Safe! You will enjoy the area!
Web Reference:  http://www.KSHomeSales.com