Rl, Other/Just Looking in Phoenix, AZ

This may be a bit of a weird question. We own a house in Crystal Gardens, Avondale but wonder what other areas of the country we might like to move

Asked by Rl, Phoenix, AZ Sat Apr 3, 2010

to.
We're young retirees and thought this would be a great place to retire but there are lots of quality of life issues that are wearing. Any suggestions as to areas we might scout for a lateral move if we sold this house and bought another?
We like a tightly enforcing HOA and established neighborhoods in a warm climate.

Answers

5
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat Apr 3, 2010
There are an awful lot of variables regarding price, HOA (that can be strict or loose anywhere in the country), lifestyle, etc.

But since you asked, here's an answer: Crystal Gardens residents may also like housing in Cary or Raleigh, North Carolina. Or Fredericksburg or Fairfax, Virginia.

For some additional help, see http://www.usnews.com/money/best-places/to-retire/listing/search

Rl, , Phoenix, AZ
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Oh, I should add it's a single story, light & bright, 9 yrs. old, right around 1950 sf, 4 beds 3 baths, backs to the lake.
Rl, , Phoenix, AZ
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Thank you for the responses!
I guess I thought it was a simple matter of "Crystal Gardens residents may also like housing in (city, state.)"
It may not be worth considering. I'm sure it would be a short sale since we owe $205,000 and you could tell me where current values would be. We've put in several upgrades and keep everything in top-top shape.
I'm not sure Phoenix is right for us. We like a warm climate, lots of amenities, neighborhood pride and we really do like tight HOA enforcement because it produces a consistency if the HOA is fair.
What kind of feedback do you get on places like Austin, TX, or Florida?
We've lived here 2 1/2 years and were in southern Calif. many years priior.
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Dear RI:

Not sure what you are looking for.

In AZ if you are looking for more of a change of seasons, have you thought about Cottonwood, Prescott or the White Mountains.

If you are looking for more dining and entertainments, closer in to the city center or Scottsdale.

In the US? What type of climate, entertainment, proximity to family are you looking for? Would be pleased to help if I can.

Regards, Jeff

Jeff Masich, Realtor
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart Realty
Dan Chase, Home Buyer, Texas City, TX
Sat Apr 3, 2010
What kinds of things do you want?
What kinds of things do you want to avoid?

To me a HOA ruins anyplace you would consider. You need to define your wants and needs to get a reasonable reply. That includes price of housing. It varies dramatically across the country. I saw a house with 40 acres for sale for under $90,000. I have also seen houses for sale with almost no land for $500k+.