Thinking about relocating to Derby KS. Can you please tell me about the area. How are the schools, family friendly environment?

Asked by Lovemykids, Derby, KS Mon Nov 28, 2011

Answers

4
Rdoberly’s answer
Rdoberly, Home Buyer, Derby, KS
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Check out our Custom built home that we are selling: 1005 Beau Jardin Ct, 5 bed, 3 bath on one of the largest lots in the Ashborough Addition. Tanglewood Elementary, Derby Middle School North (brand new 2014) a,d less than .25 miles from DHS and Rock River Rapids Water Park.
Dianedean1, Home Buyer, Derby, KS
Mon Oct 5, 2015
WE are moving to the Wichita area and trying to find a good city to live with excellent schools and a big yard with mature trees. Is there any reason not to live in Derby?
Anita, Home Buyer, Derby, KS
Fri Apr 20, 2012
I have lived in Derby for most of my life. I left and returned to this city and glad I did. It is not far from Wichita and I feel so safe here.
The community is growning and if they would put in a SAMS, I would never have to go to Wichita.
There is now good places to eat and good clothes shopping.

I selected to raise my family here and like the schools. I work in down town Wichita and it only takes me about 15-20 door to door to get to work.
Pamela Ander…, Agent, Belle Plaine, MN
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Derby is a suburb of Wichita with a population of about 26,000. It has a small town feel, but still offers numerous restaurants and shopping opportunities. The school district is comprised of numerous elementary schools, a 6th grade center, Derby Middle School and Derby High School. I have attached a link to the district website below. Derby has been ranked one of the best places to live and one of the best places to retire.
Web Reference:  http://www.derbyschools.com