Heather Fern…, Home Owner in San Francisco, CA

Thinking about moving into the burbs--torn between Orange County and the Valley.

Asked by Heather Fernandez, San Francisco, CA Fri May 4, 2007

I'm more interested in living somewhere fun with lots of entertainment options and things to do versus a "family friendly" suburb filled with kiddie parks. Any suggestions?

Answers

7
L.A. Real Es…, , Los Angeles, CA
Sun Mar 23, 2008
Hi Farideh,
I have to say that I would vote for the studio city area just at the start of the valley. Its very close to Hollywood, West Hollywood, Sunset Strip, and many other "young and hip" areas that are lots of fun for young adutls.
Our website offers information on other neighborhoods in the Los Angeles area, too.
If you have any other questions, or are interested in viewing a few properties in the area, please feel free to contact us.
Good Luck to you,
Lou & Alex
LA Real Estate Group
info@myLARealEstateGroup.com
http://www.myLARealEstateGroup.com
Kaye Thomas, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Sat May 12, 2007
Heather.. You should check out the South Bay Beach Cities.. Manhattan , Hermosa and Redondo are great places to live. Lots of outdoor activities during the day and great night spots both formal and informal to go in the evenings.
Richard, , Pasadena, TX
Fri May 11, 2007
Hi Heather,
You may want to take a look at Pasadena. There are plenty of entertainment options, such as local theater, clubs, etc and many great restaurants. You also have the educational communities of Pasadena City College, and Caltech. So, there are many young folks around here and lots to do. A fact htat I like, is that it is only a 20 - 30 minute trip to downtown LA at almost any time of day. Consequently, you have access to LA culture as well. I lived in Huntington Beach for many years and I must say that it was great living near the beach as well. However, as I've gotten older and more established I'm very happy in the San Gabriel Valley. Good luck with your search.
Benny Chavez, Agent, BELLFLOWER, CA
Wed Feb 25, 2009
What about Downtown LA? I think there are plenty of things to do there. Unless you already live in downtown I have noticed many new restaurants, clubs, bars, shops, and entertainment venues. OC is great but for some reason I feel like it is lonely and quiet. Maybe it's cause I grew up in LA and was always in love with our small skyscrapers. I will add one more place before I go and that is either Venice or Santa Monica. For some reason whenever in these cities it feels like there is so much to do! Cheers and good luck finding your metropolis!
Web Reference:  http://BENNYCHAVEZ.com
Edward & Lau…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Tue Feb 24, 2009
Hi Farideh-
We moved from Manhattan Beach to Orange County 10 years ago and have never looked back. First of all, where are you working? That would be my main consideration, driving time. Hands down Orange County offers a better quality of life, more space, family oriented, great beaches, outdoors. What are you looking for? Feel free to contact me at eblatchford@coldwellbanker.com and talk to either me or my wife to help you with your moving decision.
Have a great day!
Ed
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri May 11, 2007
Heather, you are asking the right questions. The WHY you are moving is more important than the WHERE.
I agree with the question asking where you live now and where you work. When we moved to Glendale the commuting was killing my wife. So we moved to near her work (I know, what a husband). That was before kids!
Also, our values change. What is important to you now may not be important later.
In Glenale Americana on Brand is opening next June. This development promises to be really spectacular (same developer of as The Grove).
Is entertainment or safety more important to you? When I help my clients my goal is to help them make wise decisions that support their priorities. I 'd be happy to help.
Trulia Roger, Home Buyer, Alameda, CA
Fri May 4, 2007
It depends where your job is. If you work in LA proper, the driving times would be roughly equivalent, but if you work in OC and commute from the Valley (or vice-versa), you'll spend so much time driving you won't have any time or energy left for fun or entertainment.
The San Fernando Valley has a lot of new developments that are pretty family-friendly, but it's also a lot closer to fun areas like the Sunset Strip, Universal City, Studio City and North Hollywood, with lots of clubs, shopping and theaters. So unless you work south of Los Angeles, I'd go for the Valley.