Being as i was born here and lived most of my life here (though i also lived in Europe as a child) this question is a bit different for me but if Iâ€™d never lived here..
1. There are more desirable straight women than desirable straight men.
2. There arenâ€™t many late night or 24 hr laundromats unless located in your building.
3. You donâ€™t need a car unless you live outside Manhattan (or have a band).
4.You need a good vacuum with a hepa filter + disposable bags as one needs to clean more frequently.
5. Large furniture is to be avoided as it can be hard to get into your apartment.
6. Most rental apartments are unfurnished and most leases are for a year or more.
7.You need to have many good shoes as you will be walking more than about anywhere else.
8.You have to pick up the poop when you walk your dog.
9. Make sure you know who it is before you open the door.
10.Many people expect tips Ie: delivery people, cabdrivers, waiters, hairdressers & at the holidays- building staff & many others: dog walkers, domestic help,mail-persons etc..
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301 Email: email@example.com