Tell me about College Point along the Water (Soundview, Riverview, Powell Cove)? Smells? Superfund Site?

Asked by Shenlon, Queens, NY Mon Feb 13, 2012

I have seen the 2 new properties in College Point, NY, but have some reservations. The first is that I read that Riverview condos was a superfund site with PCB's beneath the soil. Is it still such a site? Was it fixed? Secondly I know powell cove found an oil mixture underground on their property and had to rememdy that situation. Essentially, is this place safe and is it still a superfund site? I mean isn't this area essentially a landfill?

And lastly, I heard that in the Summer due to ships passing by that carry garbage that can be an incredibly strong odor carried over onto the shore where those three developments are. Is this the case?

So essentially, is it safe and what is the status of the chemicals found there? And does it smell in the summer? Also any information on the levels within the drinking water would be great.

Thank you so much in advance