South Forsyth safety

Asked by CSG524, Cumming, GA Wed Apr 10, 2013

We have been looking to move the south Forsyth Vickery Creek area for a while. I'm a bit concerned because when I compare the crime rates and local sex offenders to where we currently live in New Jersey the rates are much greater. It seems the area is safe however I just need reassurance. I understand things can happen anywhere. Thanks!

Answers

7
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
I'm trying to recall the last time I heard about the Vickery Creek area push metro Atlanta off the blood and guts news reports.....

Still thinking...
Web Reference:  http://www.hmtatlanta.com
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Wrong source!
Realtors are not allowed to comment on Crime, Race, Religion, eyc.
Whether we comment negatively or positively, we can be accused of "steering" which could mean our license.
You should contact your local police for information.
Al Casey, Agent, Canton GA, GA
Thu Sep 19, 2013
Cheryl,
Here is the link for the GBI sex offenders list. Vickery Creek is 30040. http://gbi.georgia.gov/georgia-sex-offender-registry There are 42 registered in 30040. I have lived here for over 13 years and love it. I haven't heard anything in regards to crime in this area except domestic issues and the occasional car break in at night in neighborhoods (which I thinks are probably kids). We moved here from Roswell because of the schools. My oldest is a junior at West Forsyth and started at Vickery in the first grade. I grew up in Dunwoody as did my wife and we consider this area the best value for Home, School, Parks and Community.

Al Casey
ReMax
678 725 0849
Michael Gian…, , Cumming, GA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Also when you do make the move you will want to be in the Vickery school district which is considered the best by most in the area and that will put you in the West Forsyth high school as well. All around great schools! And crime rate? I can't remember the last time something bad happened.
Michael Gian…, , Cumming, GA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
I lived my whole life in New York and spent a lot of time in Jersey with Family so I know where you are coming from. If you need help I am more than happy to be there for you. You can reach me at 770-842-1370.
Barbara Mart…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
I live at Vickery. If you would like to get valuable information on the area and you do not already have a Realtor, please call me. I can be a great resource for you and my services are free to you. My name is Barbara Martin and I would be happy to assist you! 404-583-8708
CSG524, Home Buyer, Cumming, GA
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Thanks Ron, but it's my understanding not only realtors use Trulia. I have already done my research. I would just like some local opinion.