Short tern lease, 3 months,furnish, anyavailable?

Asked by Laurie White, Chicago, IL Fri Oct 19, 2007

Answers

4
Jill And Ron…, , Easton, Nazareth PA
Sat Oct 20, 2007
Hi - I would encourage you to check with a local realtor. What we have seen done before is emailed the entire Realtor List on the MLS to ask if any agents know of such an opprortunity. Sometimes sellers are so anxious and getting behind on the mortgage they would welcome a short term lease. I also would try Craigslist.

Good Luck to you! Jill
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Sat Oct 20, 2007
Lauri,
Check in with a local Realtor. If you are in a resort area, there very likely will be short term furnished rentals available. Depending on the season, you will either pay a lot or a little (off season) It will take some digging on the part of an agent who is dedicated to customer service as commissions for these rentals are usually very low.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2007
In general, at least in my area, we do not have short term rentals in MLS. They ,mostly require a 12 months lease.

One good place to look for that is Craigslist. You might be able to find a 3 months lease, furnished.

You might also be able to ask Realtors and see if some of the owners might not mind renting their home out for a few months while the house is still on the market. Although for that, you will need to allow them of the convenience of showing the house and promise to keep the house in showing condition with short notice..

Sylvia
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Laurie.....not sure what you question is here. Can you be more specific? If you are looking for a rental we do not have rentals here.