Seeking information on historic homes & community life in Willimantic, Connecticut...

Asked by Elizabeth, New Hampshire Wed Jan 23, 2008

...What is it like to live in Willimantic? What are the recent trends in home sales and prices? I'm especially interested in finding a Victorian house in the historic section and in putting down roots. I will be commuting to Hartford for work.

Answers

3
Karen Almodo…, , Dayville, CT
Thu Jan 24, 2008
Hello Elizabeth,
I am providing you with a link to Windham County's Home Page for town information. Here you will find demographics and other helpful information. I hope you find this website helpful. The average listing price for Residential property in Willimantic is $206,000.00 and Median sales price is $194,000.00 this MLS information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Elizabeth If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call at (860)779-1939 Ext 256 or e-mail me at kalmo@askpartner.com.
Thank you and good luck...
Karen Almodovar, Realtor
"At Your Service"
Network/Partner L.L.C.
Peter Leeds, Agent, Manchester, CT
Sat Jul 2, 2011
Willimantic's so-called Hill Section has dozens of carefully restored Victorian homes, so many in fact that a local organization each year hosts Victorian Home Days in early June. Despite their grandeur and majesty, the homes tend to be affordable for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is their size (read that as "heating costs"). However, a good friend insulated his 2000+ square foot home and realized significant heating cost savings. The Hill Section is friendly and walkable, for people and people with dogs.
Fran Rokicki, Agent, BOLTON, CT
Mon Aug 16, 2010
Elizabeth,

I have sold a Victorian on Lewiston Avenue in Willimantic and had a listing on North St that was a Victorian. The commute to Hartford is about 35 minutes, depending on traffic. Rt 6 would be the main route for you. Our market here, has dropped some, so the prices are in your favor. I have an antique colonial on 3 acres with a barn, offered for sale in Glastonbury, currently. It is about 10 minutes to Hartford from the location, depending on traffic.

If I can be of service to you, in your search for a home, please feel free to contact me.

Fran Rokicki, Ct Broker~Mentor