Property crime seems exceedingly high. Are these current trends??

Asked by Diana, Montana Thu Jan 29, 2009

considering a move to the country in Round O area - The crime rate concerns me, however. Are there any updates to these trends, any improvement?

Answers

3
Pam Bass, Agent, Charleston, SC
Thu Jan 29, 2009
I have several relatives that have lived in the country in Round O for 30+ years and never have had any problems. One of my aunts in Round O passed away a few months ago and her house might be going on the market soon. It is an older house on a couple of acres. Please contact me if you are interested. I think the main thing people deal with in the country is hunters trespassing and trying to hunt on their property but that is only is you have a lot of acreage. Hope this helps.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Diana,

The best source for this information is the local police department or county sheriff's department. The are normally very willing to be helpful and have access to accurate and current information.
Everard Kort…, Agent, Lancaster, PA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Your best bet is to talk to local police or find people from that area. Realtors can only send you to public information sources. Check the internet. We are not allowed to steer anybody to or from certain areas.So the last person to ask is a realtor. I am a realtor and don't make the laws. I tell my buyers to go out to the area of interest on a nice day when people are outside ,and talk to the locals. If neighbors are in sight when I show houses I introduce them and let them talk for a moment.I personnally stay away from that conversation so I can't influence there decission . I rather have them forget that house than later end up with neighbors they don't like.