Outside of Memphis, where is the best place to raise children? Looking for safe neighborhood and great schools.

Asked by Calitn, Collierville, TN Tue Sep 6, 2011

Answers

3
LaDonna Davis’ answer
LaDonna Davis, Home Seller, Memphis, TN
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Collierville is a great family friendly area. Out near Shelby Drive, a new charming boutique, outdoor style mall went up which still houses many great restaurants and major anchor stores like Macy's and Dillard's. A new high school recently opened and the all the homes on Forest Hill Irene are custom, no cookie cutter subdivisions, sitting on 2 acre+ lots. It's a great family neighborhood right off of Bill Morris Parkway making it convenient too.
Steven Ford, Agent, Memphis, TN
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Dear Calitn,

I have lived in Shelby County my entire life...52 years. I moved my family to Collierville in 1998 to enjoy the small town atmosphere and great public schools. While Collierville was our best choice, Germantown, Bartlett, Arlinton and Lakeland all have strengths as well.

I sell for a living and would glad to have a chat with you about all the wonderful choices ahead of you.

Steven Ford
The Carter Group, Realtors
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Sep 6, 2011
Best, should be defined and based on personal preferences, finances, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; keep in mind that opinions are often subjective, what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another. For school information see link below; any safety concerns regarding specific areas, are best addressed by the local authorities...; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...
http://www.greatschools.org