My wife & I are on disability and was wondering how we would get some help fixing up our home? I use to be

Asked by Harry Maxie, Mobile, AL Wed May 14, 2008

able to do it myself but am now unable. Please help us. It is getting in pretty bad shape.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Cindy Vedder, Agent, Irvine, CA
Wed May 14, 2008
Harry, HUD has a full service counseling center geared toward assisting home owners. You can start there and I'm certain they can assist you in some way, even if it is to refer you to the correct people. Good Luck and hang in there. You are lucky to still have your home - no matter what shape it is in!! Cindy Vedder
Birmingham Field Office
Medical Forum Building
950 22nd Street North,
Suite 900
Birmingham, AL 35203

Phone: (205) 731-2617
Fax: (205) 731-2593
TTY: (800) 548-2546

Jurisdiction: State of Alabama

Cindy S. Yarbrough, Field Office Director

Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,
Monday through Friday
0 votes
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Wed May 14, 2008

You may want the contact your local chapter of Christmas in April. This would be the kind of project they may be interested in.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more