My husband and I along with my 4 boys live with my parents in a 3 bedroom 2 bath home, there is a lot of maintenance that is badly needed but they

Asked by Lilbitof1990, Oxnard, CA Wed Jun 25, 2014

can't afford. We need to add at least 2 more rooms or expand the rooms and add another bathroom. The front and back yard need landscaping and the backyard needs to be cemented in on the side of the house and back yard. The roof also has major termite damage and we can't afford to treat the house. Should my husband and I help invest in this home with my parents since they are paying the mortgage we just help them out or should we just cut our losses sell this house and all 4 of us go in on purchasing a 5 bedroom home?

Answers

2
Matt Polaski, Agent, Oxnard, CA
Sun Aug 17, 2014
Great question. Selling and buying would be a great idea if you could qualify for a loan together. It just depends on how much work is needed. Contact me I could do an evaluation on the property which would give you a better idea of your next move.

Matt Polaski
805-760-4564
Bev West, Agent, Greeley, CO
Wed Jun 25, 2014
I would recommend getting estimates of what work needs to be done and have it also inspected by a professional inspector to disclose any hidden items that you are not aware of. Weigh out if the expenses cost more than purchasing another house. Sometimes you can put your money into a money pit and can't see your way out.