My family and I are proposing a move there but are pending job offers as I am in the roofing and

Asked by Jireh, Raleigh, NC Wed Mar 5, 2008

construction business. Is there any work out there?

Answers

6
Donna Grady, Agent, Wilmington, NC
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Jireh, You really should weigh your income from the roofing and construction business to determine if you should be looking for housing in New Hanover County or in an area surrounding Wilmington such as Leland in Brunswick County or Burgaw in Pender County. Are you self employed with hired help? Are you looking for employment with a roofing company? Thom is right. We are just beginning to come off of a moratorium on building in New Hanover Co. However, Brunswick County is one of the fastest growing counties in the US. So there is potential roofing work coming soon. You did not mention if you are looking to purchase a home in this area. In the Wilmington market the average price for a home is $260,000 - $287,000. Rental properties are running almost the same as a mortgage payment would run. I just took a look at Bryant Real Estate's website today because someone made an inquiry to my website about rental property. Although I do not deal with rental property, I do try to help anyone find housing the best way they can at no benefit to me. So if you are thinking about renting go to http://www.bryantrealestate.com and click on their rental property tab. Now if you want to purchase a home in New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender counties I would be happy to help you. My website is http://www.athomewithdonna.net. Donna Grady Keller Williams Realty
Penny Parker, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Mar 5, 2008
I would call a couple of roofing companies there and see what they have to say. This way you will know exactly how the job market is for you out there.

I am currently joining Wilmington's MLS and will be a member there by the end of March. I can help you search for a home.

Shawn Bowman, , North Myrtle Beach, SC
Fri Jun 20, 2008
Jireh, I would recommend that you take a look at construction opportunities in Brunswick County, located just south of Wilmington. We have been one of the State's fastest growing counties in the last few years and even though the real estate market is slow, our local builders continue to build. We still have affordable housing available and your taxes are significantly cheaper in Brunswick than New Hanover. I network with several local builders in the area and they are always searching for long-term constuctors. If you need any additional information, just e-mail your request. info@brokershawn.com. Hope this helps.
Shawn Bowman
Ocean Isle Beach
Web Reference:  http://brokershawn.com
Thom Prince, , Wilmington, NC
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Jireh,

I would follow Penny's advice and call around. New construction should start picking up here again soon once they lift the sewer permit moratorium. Check to see if the local roofing companies have planned for that occasion. If you need help selling in Raleigh or buying in Wilmington, I can recommend some good agents. I'm sure you'll love it out here.

Thom Prince
Century 21 Sweyer & Associates
Justin King, , Wilmington, NC
Wed Mar 5, 2008
You should have no problem finding work in the roofing business in Wilmington. There are only a couple of companies I recommend to people so we could use a few more options. Please call or email me with any questions about Wilmington. The market and activity has picked up drastically since the first of the year.

Justin King
The Alex Paen Team
(910) 264-6449
justinking@seacoastrealty.com
http://www.wilmingtonpropertiesonline.com
Glenda Marks, , Charlotte, NC
Wed Mar 5, 2008
There are plenty of roofing jobs in Wilmington. You should have no problem as an independent or working for an existing company. Please let me know if I can refer you to a good real estate agent in Wilmington to help you find a home.