Moving to Florida in 07/2012. Checked school rankings and decided on Melbourne.

Asked by Flynn Ettienne, Ocala, FL Mon Apr 30, 2012

Really interested in a great school and great neighborhood to raise our 8 year old daughter.

Answers

12
Janet Brown’s answer
Janet Brown, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sat Aug 11, 2012
Flynn,

Melbourne has many A+ schools. Depending on where you live, will depend on where your child will go to school. I can help you to find a great subdivision with a great school reputation as well. As an experienced agent here in Brevard County, I have every confidence I can find exactly what you are looking for in a home and also in an amazing school district!
Feel free to call me at 321-806-9121 so that I can get a better understanding on what you are looking for in a home.

Feel free to visit my website at http://www.JanetSellsBrevard.com for all your real estate needs.

"Making A Difference One House At A Time"

Janet Brown
Exit 1st Class Realty
321-806-9121
Lucyconnorwi…, Home Buyer, Melbourne, FL
Sat Dec 10, 2016
Niche.com could be very helpful in finding out schools that you may be wanting. and if you need a home check out http://royacuna.com/w_Orlando+Florida+Homes+for+Sale/ . best of luck
richard.albu…, , Ashburn, VA
Thu Feb 11, 2016
From Barnes down to Pineda Causeway (and probably down to Post Road) and east of I-95 is a fairly nice swath of homes, schools, parks, and shopping. We're moving back and buying in August, and our daughter will be finishing up at Viera High.

We rented in Viera East/Rockledge for almost 5 years. Manatee Elementary and Ralph Williams Elementary were great, McNair Middle was terrible (a magnet school: some bad kids, some exceptional teachers, one bad teacher, and the principal was not good), and Viera High is quite good (from friends whose kids go or went there).
Jerseychris, Home Buyer, New Jersey
Tue Jul 3, 2012
I cant answer your question but I am curious to what you decided to do because I am in same situation. I have been going back and forth with what to do for the last year. My husband retired the police force 2 yrs ago. Due to poor health he cant handle north east winters ahnymore. A lot Wof the houses look really nice but then you look at the crime reports and its bad.My concern is the schools because I still havee 3 school age childrenages 4,5, and 8. We need to focus on one area and hed we want to rent for a year to make sure we like it. Just dont vvknow where to go. We looked at viera and loved it. any other areas I should be looking at? I really appreciate your input, its really hard doing this fromjersey and not knowing area. thanks chris from jersey
i have been hearing that beach side is where I want to be. I want to rent for about a year to make sure we like it. Is there anyone who deals with only rentalls and is SERIOUS about their job. I want to move asap. thanks chris
Flag Sat Jul 21, 2012
Hi Jerseychris,
We took a trip to Melbourne from 06/08 thru 06/15 and it was quite an eye opener. The houses are nice but we had problems finding what we wanted zoned to the schools we were interested in. Viera West is a nice area and the schools to look into in terms of rankings are Suntree Elementary, Manattee Elementary and Quest Elementary. If you are really interested I know an excellent realtor who lives and works in the area and can give you her contact information.
We ended up finding a school (Stone Lakes Elementary) in Orlando and are in the process of securing a rental home. Schools start on 08/20 in Orlando and on 08/08 in Melbourne
Flag Thu Jul 5, 2012
Hi Chris,
Viera is nice, but I am partial to the beachside area, specifically Satellite Beach. My children went to A-rated Surfside elementary which is about 4 blocks from our house. Now 1 is going to middle school which is 6 blocks away and the other is in high school which is 7. On top of all that, you can ride your bikes to the beach!
Check out brevardschools.org for schools in Brevard county. And check out brevardmls.com and click on the public site for current homes for sale.
You can reach me at beth.schoppaul@era.com if you need any more information.
Flag Wed Jul 4, 2012
Beth Schoppa…, Agent, Satellite Beach, FL
Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Flynn,

First of all, as we can all attest to, you made an excellent choice! When we moved here 7 years ago,after extensive research, we chose to live in the Satellite Beach area. This way our children are able to ride their bikes to A-rated schools from K-12. For more info on which schools your daughter would attend anywhere in Brevard, visit http://www.brevard.k12.fl.us/.

For the most part, the homes beachside are older, but some have been updated, and many are great deals right now! If you'd like something newer, mainland Melbourne might be for you.

If I can help you further, please let me know. I can be reached at beth.schoppaul@era.com
Best of luck!
Lori Hurwitz, Agent, Satellite Beach, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Flynn,

My husband and I made the same decision when moving to Florida 12 years ago when our son was 2! My husband is a physician and we looked all over the state, and decided on Brevard for the excellent school system and fantastic environment for raising a family!

My son is now completing middle school at Hoover, and went thru 7 years at Indialantic Elementary.
Next year he will be attending Satellite High as an "out of area" student. With my husband and myself having advanced degrees, education is an extremely strong priority for us. At every stage, I have researched schools of choices, academic-based middle and high schools, out of area schools..... I have many friends with children at varying top schools (Cocoa Beach International Baccalaureate, Melbourne High Interational Baccalaurate, Edgewood Jr/Sr, Westshore Junir/Senior, Delaura Middle,...) and we are always comparing notes!!!

In general, the beachside areas and Suntree/Viera are fantastic areas to raise to raise a familes with excellent school systems.

If you let me know some criteria, like price range, minimum size (square footage and or #bdrms/bathrooms), is pool required, age of home... I'd be glad to do research and send you info with good recommendations.

Please feel free to call or email any time!

Lori Hurwitz
Coldwell Banker Paradise
Multi-Million Dollar Producer
Designated Relocation Specialist
Licensed Realtor since 1994
Cornell University, B.S. in Statistics and Biometry
University of Michigan, M.S. in Biostatistics

321-544-4382 (cell)
lorihurwitz@bellsouth.net
http://www.lorihurwitzrealtor.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lori-hurwitz/17/34/391
Cynthia A We…, , Melbourne, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Brevard: Great Schools, no traffic and good deals on homes..Enough said, I like Satellite beach Surfside and Holland Elementary shcools, DeLaura and of course my alma mater Satellite High!
Debi Vaughan, Agent, Vero Bch, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Flynn, I would be happy to be able to help. Before I came to real estate I taught in the school system here in Melbourne for 15 years. I am very knowledgeable in the schools and neighborhoods here. I work specifically with buyers to help them find just the right place. This is a great place to call home and raise a family, I love living here. Please feel free to give me a call and we can get started!

Thank you!

Debi Vaughan
321-508-7419
coastaldebi@gmail.com
Cynthia A We…, , Melbourne, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Hi Flynn, as most of the agents pointed out the Melbourne area is A rated schools and VERY affordable, no offense but Martin and Brevard county and education is the focus for families in our county. DeLaura is #2 in the state ranked middle schools. We have amazing High Schools with great sports and academic programs, not to mention state ranked bands. Brevard county has one of the best live music scenes and oh yes virtually no traffic! Welcome to Brevard!
Susie Burke, Agent, Brevard, NC
Tue May 1, 2012
Flynn,
You have done some great research and discovered our 'secret'! Melbourne is a fabulous place to raise your family! 32940 is the area of growth with the convenince of everything close by. There are beautiful homes in brand new areas, as well as many established communities with neighborhood schools. Please contact me at susieburke414@gmail.com or 321-759-5960 and I will send you listings that meet your criteria! Looking forward to keeping in touch! Susie Burke, Hart to Hart Real Estate.
Karen Nieren…, Agent, Indialantic, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Hi Flynn! I have 3 children and live in Melbourne and I totally understand why you chose to move here. Tell me what you are looking for so I can help you get started in your home search today! Karen Nierenberg 321.243.2443 karenatsuntree@aol.com
Tom Priester, Agent, Tequesta, FL
Tue May 1, 2012
Dear Flynn,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. It sounds like you have made a final decision on the Melbourne area but if you still are searching another spot you may consider is northern Palm Beach County. The best place I can point you is a brief blog I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

The best site I can point you to for school information anywhere is http://www.greatschools.org where there is a wealth of information available. If you want to further discuss your budget, what type of home your money will purchase in this area and the particular schools associated with any developemnt please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com