Moving back to Clovis

Asked by Robert Herrera, 45459 Fri Jul 20, 2012

My family is thinking of moving back to Clovis, I lived there for many years and have visited my Mom about 2yrs ago. Has the small town community feel gone from the city or is it still striving? Living in the midwest is so much different. We are looking for a great area maybe in the area of Sierra Vista Mall? Still wanting to be close to my Mom, State College for my wife and a great culinary school for my son?Is there such a place in Clovis anymore?

Answers

3
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Aug 3, 2012
The FATHERs have been trying their best:
They have made the Clovis School District the envy of the State; so much so that a lot of Fresno has been included in CUSD. There are now 5 Campuses, East (Reagan), Clovis (Fowler), Buchanan (Minnewawa & Aluvial), East, (Teague & Middlebrook) and the new one way out on Willow at International.

The newer developments have built walls along the streets so that you have entrances, similar to gated communities without the gate. The Common areas and along the streets and sidewalks, are manicured by the city's gardeners.

We still have the Big Hat Day, The Rodeo and all summer long, the Farmer's Market along Polowsky, downtown.

The property taxes are a little higher and the water rates are a lot higher.

Sierra Vista has expanded, filling that whole area with shops.

They are building a bunch of new stuff at Clovis and Herndon, including a Wal Mart Superstore, (that caused a lot of hubub!)

A bunch of business went under, a bunch took their places. We now have 2-3 new hotels.
They built a big shopping center at Willow and Herndon with Target a bunch of restaurants.

Housing in Clovis bottomed out last year at about $200,000, and it is recovering:
Most everything affordable is getting mutiple offers.
The Inventory is very low.

The commercial center of town is Riverpark: Gotschalks out and Macy's in. PF Change, Elephant Bar, Hooters, Dave's BBQ and Logan's Roadhouse, Mimi's and Romero's, Ruth-Cris Steak House and more. We had a Krispy Creme but it went under, replaced by a ChicFilet, which wasn't a good trade as far as I'm concerned.

Copper River is the big complex way north, resplendant with 18 holes and slowly selling expensive lots with gigantic houses.

The feel is still small town, with an emphasis on Ag. and the University. Tark is long gone.

Chukchansi park Ball park has the Fresno ball team for the Giants; getting better.

Chukchansi casino is out hwy41 at Coarsegold, big and beautiful; but I still can't win.

Come on ahead; we'll put a pot on and leave the porch light for you.
Thank you first of al for the reply back on this. I appreciate as much as I can find out before we decide to come back to the town.
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
Cathy Hoskins, Agent, Clovis, CA
Fri Aug 3, 2012
I live in that neighborhood! I have had 2 houses less than a block from each other and have lived south of Shaw and east of Sunnyside for over 18 years. And I love it.
I am a licensed Realtor with ove r 34 years of experience. How can I help?
Thank you Cathy first of all My family an myself appreciate that help and transition of moving back I will get in touch with you and let you know where we stand at looking at places.
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012
Dominique Wi…, , Clovis, CA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Hi we live in Clovis near Sierra Vista Mall and we really like it. We are walking distance to Old Town Clovis and love the small town cozy feel. I'm not sure how long it's been since you've lived here but it's really fairly easy to get accross town with HW 168 and the 180. You can get most anyplace in 15 minutes. It's not so isolated anymore. One thing I can say is it has certainly grown! New home developments popped up everywhere. Housing is definitely plentyful and very reasonably priced right now. North East Clovis is really nice. It might be an option you would like and again with the convenience of the highway system you would still be close to everything. Feel free to contact me with any questions and if you choose to move Good Luck!

Dominique Wilder
Universal Acceptance
559-375-2512
dominique@emailua.com
http://www.UniversalAcceptanceCorporation.com
Thank you Dominique. That would be great for ay help or advice that you have for us. I'm really getting excited and yet it seems so far away. My family is just as excited and wanting to see where I grew up at as well as being close to my Mom. Everything I do is for my family.
Flag Fri Aug 3, 2012