Looking to relocate to Denver area. Looking for a safe neighborhood, no condos or townhouses. Preferably, near stores and transportation.

Asked by Mim, Denver, CO Sat Oct 17, 2009

Answers

10
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hi Mim: This is an older question, so please let us know what you finally decided!

But, for others in the same situation, Boulder/Broomfield counties are excellent choices, especially if you enjoy outdoor activities like biking, walking, climbing, hiking, etc. Shopping is great, the schools throughout the area are wonderful, the entire area is a scenic wonderland; and, with CU, numerous high technology start-ups, several government scientific facilities and IBM, the people are –– with all appropriate modesty –– really smart!

BTW: If you are looking for a very high tech job (like well above the stratosphere), you might check out the Sierra Nevada company. NASA just awarded them $212.5 million to continue work on the company's Dream Chaser space vehicle. (See the link below.) Sounds like a lot of new jobs. And, when you chase the dream land that job, give me a call. You'll certainly need a new dream house!

Okay! I'll stop now!

Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
info@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com
Kevin McCoy, Agent, Denver, CO
Mon Feb 10, 2014
What price range Mim? Congress Park (a beautiful neighborhood) single family homes average (2013) sold price/avg. price per sq. foot and days on market were:

One Story / Ranch Homes - 77 sold
avg. sold price: $454,678
avg. price per sq. ft.: $383
days on market: 15

Story and Half Homes - 16 Sold
avg. sold price: $538,294
Avg. price per sq. ft.: $313
days on market: 44

Two Story Homes - 56 Sold
avg. sold price: $599,237
avg. price per sq. ft.: $281
days on market: 28

Congress Park neighborhood: borders are: North to South -15th Ave. to 6th Ave. East to West -Colo. Blvd. to York St. The actual Park is on 8th Ave. & Josephine St. close to Botanic Gardens. On 12th Avenue from Madison St. to Elizabeth St. there are: 5 restaurants, Daz Bog coffee, Grocery store, bike shop, wine bar, ice cream/sandwich, hair care, florist, pizza, 12th Ave. Hardware, Capitol Heights Pharmacy, and more... .
Other shopping, etc. close by: Cherry Creek Mall is a short walk from Congress Park. 6th Ave. to 1st Ave. and Cherry Creek North shopping stores and restaurants from 3rd Ave. to 1st Ave.

Commute time to Downtown Denver 10 - 15 minutes. Interstate 25, 15 minutes or less. Light Rail - 10 to 15 minutes.

This is just an example of one neighborhood in Denver...I can give you stats and local knowledge on every neighborhood. I've been a realtor in Denver's fine neighborhoods for 20 years.

Please call me at 303-564-7304 or email: kevin@porchlightgroup.com
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Hi Mimi -- think Littleton!! By far the best place to live anywhere in Metro Denver. Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., 303-906-3150, http://www.jmontgomery.com
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Mon Aug 6, 2012
Hi Mimi -- think Littleton!!! I've lived there for 25 years, and there is NO better place than Littleton, CO. Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., http://www.jmontgomery.com.
Bradley Eich, Agent, Evergreen, CO
Tue Jan 12, 2010
Hello Mim: I'm not sure where you are relocating from but Denver is a relatively safe city compared to many across the nation.
See this link: http://www.metrodenver.org/living-here/safety.

Geographically Denver-Metro is less congested on the west side and in the foothill mountain areas. There is a tremendous amount of open space and great quality of life surrounding these western subdivisions and communities. Please contact me if you would like more specific information on these areas.
Leah Thomas, , Denver, CO
Sun Dec 6, 2009
Hi, Mim! There are so many options in the Denver area, that it's hard to answer this question without more information. I would need to know your price range, # of bedrooms you need, school or work requirements that you may have, etc. Hard to do all that through email. Give me a call anytime, 303-521-1844 and we can make a plan for you.
Lisa Sagar, Agent, Centennial, CO
Wed Nov 18, 2009
Mim - I hope you will find Denver as we did 11 years ago - our absolutely favorite place to live. We cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Denver and its suburbs are laid out really well in terms of transportation and shopping. Some of the closer suburbs have lots of local restaurants/shops/bars within walking distance. (some of these are Washington Park or Wash Park, Bonnie Brae, the Highlands)

Others are on public transportation (many are very close to the light rail for an easy run into downtown). these areas are driving distance to some great malls and commercial areas. You can go north or south of downtown and get some terrific neighborhoods. Are schools something of concern?

The south end of town has the tech center, which is where a lot of businesses are. Serving the tech center are the areas of the city of Centennial, Highlands Ranch and Parker. A little farther south (and a bit more affordable often) is Castle Pines North and Castle Rock, both just off the main highway of I25.

I would be happy to answer questions and direct you towards the area that fits if you can give an idea of what you want from the neighborhood. feel free to shoot me an email or give me a call.

Lisa Sagar
REMAX Professionals
(303) 588 7215
Web Reference:  http://www.lisasagar.com
Grant Brunner, , Denver, CO
Wed Nov 4, 2009
I am happy to hear that you are choosing Denver; I think you are making a good choice! I would also have to know what part of Denver you are looking in. Wash Park is a very nice part of Denver, not too far from the light rail (public transportation) and also within walking distance of food and entertainment. Cherry Hills Village, Greenwood Village, Bonnie Brae and Belcaro are also neighborhoods you may want to look into. Again it depends on what part of Denver you want to be in and also what price range you are comfortable with.
Web Reference:  http://buynowcolorado.com
Laurie, , Boulder, CO
Thu Oct 29, 2009
Hello Mim,

My company works with professional, experience agents all over the country.
I would be happy to refer you to one in Denver.
I would just need more information and you would have questions for me as well.
I am in the Boulder, CO, office of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
What is bringing you to Denver?

Laurie Clark
CBRB 1-800-654-4788 x2380
laurie.clark@coloradohomes.com
Rachel Damma…, , Westminster, CO
Sun Oct 18, 2009
There are a lot of options. There are neighborhoods south of Denver and North of Denver. Is your job in the City of Denver? How far are you looking to commute? In the south, neighborhoods like Highlands Ranch and Parker are popular. In the north, Broomfield and Louisville are great options. I can help you narrow it down with a little more specifics on what you are looking for. Location, Price, Number of Bedrooms.
Web Reference:  http://www.racheldammann.com