Looking to move to Florida.where is the least amount of humidity. Also have 3 cats and a 5 lb dog. Would also like a safe quiet area.?

Asked by Jann0107, 33647 Sun Jun 20, 2010

Answers

19
Karen Wantuck, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Maybe there is a Florida in Arizona. Otherwise, I can't think of a single non-humid place. I have very curly hair and I don't like the humidity either! But I moved here from Atlanta which is one of the highest points in the south....no water anywhere around...and still in the Summer it was HUMID as much as in Sarasota.

East coast or West coast....it is humid. And inland is even more so because there are no moderating breezes to keep the temperature down.

Good thing to remember is that Humidity is GOOD for the skin. You will age better, look younger. Your eyes will not dry out the way they do in the desert and you can wear contact lenses.

And in the Winter it will be low humidity. Come see me and my curly hair in Sarasota. ; )
The relative humidity on the West Coast is low. It can be 90 degrees and still tolerable. People complain anyway!
Flag Mon Aug 29, 2016
Phyllis Cros…, , Tampa, FL
Tue Jul 6, 2010
Go coastal- Tampa Bay Breezes are great. Many fine communities - No alligators in the salt water areas that I know of. You can find a nice 2 BR condo in the 50-60's in a waterfront community - near coastal. Feel free to contact me at below number s for more info about Tampa Bay areas.(including Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg - and many beachy towns in between!

Phyllis Crosby, GRI/Realtor
ReMax Top Notch Associates
Tampa Bay, Florida
(813)-886-2356 (813) 380-6833
I'm looking to relocate to the coastal area of Florida from California. My email is sharongtdunmow@yahoo.com. I'm wanting to pay cash for a condo in the $50,000 range. I'm looking for a safe area to live as well. Thank you, Sharon Wold
Flag Tue Jul 23, 2013
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 21, 2010
In Arizona. If you must have dry weather, then Florida is not for you. Sorry.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Jann,

Humidity in Florida is a way of life and a condition that most people adjust to....humidity peaks in the months of May-September but can be minimized by being in a coastal area where a nice breeze creates a comforting effect.

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
True story: I traveled to a jobsite in Key West. The first work-week was delightful and it dispelled all the myths about Florida humidity. With job pressures, I disconnected from TV and radio until the weekend, when the friendly TV meteorologist offered the following: "The bubble of cool, Canadian air that's been over Florida will move out over the Atlantic and we'll be returning to our usual weather."

Oh, yeah! The next morning and every day thereafter, the humidity was oppressive.
Flag Tue Dec 24, 2013
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
The least amount of humidity can be found in an enclosed, air conditioned place! Florida is Humid and Hot....
Debluv2655, , Poland, OH
Sat Aug 8, 2015
Looking to move to Florida. Are there areas where the humidity is not so oppressive. I would also like a somewhat rural area to live.
smbc20970, , Delray Beach, FL
Wed Sep 11, 2013
I will swap with you! I live in downtown Delray Beach I walk to the beach (2 blocks) and I am 2 blocks off Atlantic Ave. The Yacht club on the inter coastal is my backyard. I live on the island. I want to move to San Diego where my son (22 yrs old) has been for 4 years. He is now out of the Navy and attending college and working. I raised him alone and he is all I have. I cannot take the heat or humidity anymore (fair skinned, blue eyed, redhead). The humidity wreaks havoc on my long hair within minutes of stepping outside. I am looking for something in San Diego or surrounding areas. .Just me, no pets, no kids. I have been looking for a granny flat or small 1 bedroom. No apt. complexes for me. I have been surviving here for 13 years in this weather and cannot spend another summer here. Not to mention I have no hugged my son in over 2 years!
Shannon
smbc20970@yahoo.com
Pam Bava, Agent, Rochester, MI
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Matt was correct, Central or Northern Florida are not as humid as Southern Florida. Don't get me wrong it is humid but you might be more comfortable away from the ocean. I live in Lake Mary Florida and love it there. Here is the Lake Mary web site, I think you will like what you see.

Good luck....
If you need more info send me an email.

Pam Bava, Realtor
realteellc@hotmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.realteellc.com
Patrisha OGr…, Home Buyer, Scituate, RI
Thu Jul 8, 2010
Hi, 14 months ago I moved to Port Charlotte florida (west coast) tturquoise water and I am 51, an asthmatic from Rhode island. I thought I would have a tough time breathing but I only experienced difficulty twice. I have a 10lb shih tsu and when I open the door she will not just run out, she will wait for me to say C'mon due to (panthers, bobcats aligators, iguanas). charlotte county is very tropical, made
Forbes #1 on the list for places to retire! food and rents are cheap as well if you are buying a home. A nice pool home here with 2-3 bedrooms will run you 65,000.00! good Luck, We have a lot of dry days as well, like anywhere else. Pat
Susan J Penn,…, Agent, Weston, FL
Sun Jun 27, 2010
Florida is a very long state. What part of Florida are you looking at? The northern part of Florida will have all of the seasons where as the Southern part of Florida usally has the trees green all year long.
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jun 21, 2010
I forgot one other thing...watch out for the alligators. It seems like every neighborhood has their local alligator so having pets you'd want to be wary of where you are letting them roam.
Web Reference:  http://www.suearcher.com
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for the most entertaining question of the day!

I have to visit Florida in August for my parents 60th wedding anniversary, Tampa to be exact . I'm trying to find ways to breathe while I'm there. My body is not used to the humidity anymore either, but with time, you will adjust and it will be tolerable.

Focus on the positive reasons to be in Florida, or ANYWHERE for that matter. Humidity in Florida will just have to be considered part of its charm. It gives you the wonderful foliage and the great complexion.
Liane Jamason, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Tee hee, as a Native Floridian I giggled a bit when I read the least amount of humidity - if you find a place, let me know! ;) I kid. I am in Tampa, I grew up on the other coast of Florida in Palm Beach Gardens. It depends on what you are looking for in the area. Do you want a single family home with land for all the animals? Near shopping or in the country? Of course I am partial to Tampa, I love it hear and the water is great when it gets hot out!
Jeanne Prigi…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Florida is humid wherever you find yourself. It''s not all bad. I moved here from Connecticut and I don;t find the summers worse than in the North. The rest of the year is so wonderful. Climate control is so much better. Typically, I go from an AC house to an AC car to AC office. When I've been in dry areas of the country, I lose my voice. Your skin will ultimately look better because of the humidity.

There are several dog parks in the Tampa Bay area and many parks and recreational facilities. I have 2 dogs.

The Tampa Bay area has so much to offer. Although moving is always a hard decision and stressful, I can truly say, that in the 11 years that I am here , I have no regrets.

Good luck with your decision.
Renea Miller, Agent, Anchorage, AK
Sun Jun 20, 2010
I agree with some of the others. Florida is humid. I moved here from Colorado 7 years ago and it gets easier to deal with each year. I agree with Karen from Sarasota about the advantages. I love it here in Tampa Bay. There's so much to offer.

As far as pets are concerned, there are dog parks in Seffner and Davis Island. I love my vet too! If you want, I can refer you to them when you get here.

Best of luck!
Web Reference:  http://ReneaCoker.com
Joanna Morris, Agent, Inverness, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
You are going to have the humidity. Some days are worse than others. You might want to check out Citrus County Florida it is central Florida an on the west coast. We are called the Nature Coast area of Florida.
Mary Diaz, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Florida in the summer is humid no matter where you go. North Florida would be the best, but it is humid also.
Good Luck,
Mary
Maggie Hawk, Agent, New Smyrna Beach, FL
Sun Jun 20, 2010
I would say that your best bet is going to be along the Atlantic Coast and in the North or Central area. The water has a moderating influence on the more extreme temperatures, whether hot or cold. If you want to know more about New Smyrna Beach, let me know. Good luck with your search.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
Sun Jun 20, 2010
Florida is a HUMID place! The least amount of humidity is probably in Central and North Florida.

I suggest a single family home or townhouse- more comfy for animals.