Living in merced? Whats it like? Personal opinions would help!

Asked by Sc_mom4@sbcglobal.net, Santa Cruz County, CA Fri Jan 2, 2009

Answers

2
Valene, Home Seller, Newark, CA
Tue Mar 17, 2009
My dad lived in Merced for 8 years ( I am now selling his home) on W Highway 140 with no incidents of crime. I had the opportunity to meet his neighbors recently at an estate sale I held and was very impressed. Very nice people with a wonderful sense of community. This seems like a nice little place and in the summer the evenings under the patio are wonderful. My Dad and I used to play cards out there.
Hope this helps.

Valene Clark
Tyler Flaher…, , Turlock, CA
Fri Jan 2, 2009
In my personal opinion it can be good. Merced does have a high crime rate but there are plenty of good areas in Merced. I think it would be good for you knowing that you do a daycare as Merced is a large valley city.
Everyone will have different opinions I am sure but I say for business purposes it would be good. If you were looking for a city with a better crime rate than I would suggest one of the many smaller towns surrounding Merced, but then I think it would be harder to do a daycare.
Hope this helps,
Tyler