Just curious, how many people out there would be more interested in going "green"?

Asked by Jason Andrews, Middletown, RI Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

8
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
At the start of the Revolution; people supported it; they just didn't want to send their sons.

People will support the Green Revolution; as long as it doesn't cost them anything!
Lisa Hassler, Agent, Yarmouth Port, MA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
Very interested. I live in an early 19th century cape. It's been said that the greenest home is the one already built. Older homes can be modified to have better energy efficiency, while keeping all that old growth lumber out of the landfill.
Michol Murphy, Agent, Middletown, RI
Mon May 27, 2013
I'm a REALTOR and most of the people that I know of that are interested in going "green" are a little discouraged because of the local town zoning ordinances and the fact that quite a few cities and towns don't allow windmills. Of course not everyone wants a windmill but the few people that I know who are interested in "green" houses happen to be interested in windmills. The solar panels don't seem to be an issue. The additional cost for some of the "green" materials seems to be a factor too.
Freeman "Mik…, Agent, Marion, MA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I am a realtor who lives in Westport. Most green home buyers I have come across retrofit the home after purchase. I have a client with a windmill and two large outbuildings with solar panels. I have yet to encounter a buyer with a specific request for a green home.
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Hi Jay,
Our colors are maroon and gold.
We sold over $364,000,000 in 2012 with those colors.
Green would be a big switch.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Web Reference:  http://www.RobertPaul.com
Jason Andrews, Agent, Middletown, RI
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Had a few people I'm showing land to interested in going green. Have a good friend who just started the process with solar panels.
Joyce Lin, Agent, Leominster, MA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Already there - heating/cooling with Geothermal, 40 panel solar installation, 2 hybrids and recycling...

Geothermal is amazing!
Sweet, that's awesome! Mass is offering some very "green" incentives. It's a little complicated but it's really working out well for a good friend of mine.
Flag Mon Feb 18, 2013
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Mon Feb 18, 2013
In what way. Minimal cost for max savings?
I ask the question because around the southeastern Mass and RI areas more people are interested. I'm wondering if it's a growing trend for new home buyers.
Flag Mon Feb 18, 2013