Is Vero Beach good for families with children?

Asked by Halley S., New York, NY Mon Apr 23, 2007

Why or why not?

Answers

5
California M…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Fri May 11, 2007
This is a pretty dangerous question for any real estate professional to answer. Participation by licensed Realtors, lenders, escrow, or title company employees could result in a Fair Housing Claim. Trulia should consider a disclosure at the bottom of the page. A link to Fair Housing Compliance:
Joe Zekas, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 26, 2007
Brian Brady makes a good point - real estate agents should avoid answering this type of question due to fair housing compliance issues. Family status is one of the protected classes under federal and most state and local fair housing laws.

It's especially dangerous because Halley S, the person posing the question, has asked hundreds of questions ranging far and wide across the US. Who is Halley S?
Web Reference:  http://yochicago.com/today
Sherry, , Vero Beach, FL
Tue Jun 26, 2007
Indian River County is a nice place to raise a family. It has a good public school system along with a well known private school system. The local public highschool also offers the International Baccalaureate Program, an International/National Honors Program. Besides academics the schools have Nationally known Marching Bands, Baseball, Football, and many other sports.
There are three Little League Programs, 3 large soccer complexes, three aquatic centers and many different tennis programs to choose from. - I have listed most of the things I have been involved with over the past 10 years in Indian River County. My children are now 17,15 & 13, so far things are going well! ( I too am a Real Estate Agent) Please browse our website- http://www.MyReynoldsTeam.com
Jeff and Gin…, Agent, Vero Beach, FL
Mon Jun 25, 2007
Oh my yes! Vero Beach is a small town in the very best sense of the phrase. However, we have many amenities that are usually associated with larger cities.

We are only a hour and a half from Disney and the location where Disney brings their visitors for an oceanfront beach experience at the Vero Beach Disney Resort. You don't have to be a Disney guest to enjoy our beaches, however! We have several oceanfront parks, places to eat, and lots of free parking to make your trip to beach effortless and FUN.

For now we have Dodger Spring Training. Reports have it that we will probably lose the Dodgers to some place closer to their current California home, however, we are actively pursuing another professional baseball team when and if that happens.

We also have children's theatre, dance, and art classes. Vero Beach loves children!

As I drove back to my home from the office today, I was careful to drive slowly on our neighborhood streets because of the children on bikes and roller blades on their way around the block.
Web Reference:  http://My-Florida-Home.com
Walter Salam…, , Vero Beach, FL
Mon Apr 23, 2007
The city is good for families with good schools and educatures, there is a lot of Older Population but it is seeing an influx of younger more active people over the past 5 yrs.