Is there anywhere in the Pioneer Valley that has a strong Black community?

Asked by Am, Washington, DC Wed Jul 25, 2007

Answers

3
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Mon Aug 6, 2007
Sorry Am, no real estate pro may answer your question legally, even if you feel your question was well intentioned. Agents may neither discriminate nor promote based on race, religion, ethnicity, or familial status.
Tony, Both Buyer And Seller, Florida
Mon Jan 12, 2009
It is not illegal to answer this question. As an attorney, the "Real Estate Pros" have no clue what they are talking about. This is a simple demographic question. How many years in jail will you get for qouting statistical information on the racial makeup of a community? I'd like to see that law. Further, how about the BS that agents can't promote a neighborhood based on race, religion, ethnicity or familial status! If that didn't go on everyday, no homes would be sold! "This is a great place to raise a family!" or "Mr. and Mrs. Jones, you mentioned that you would like to be close to your church of choosing...there is one right down the street with a wonderful parish." If you don't know the answer to this person's question, just don't answer. But don't talk down to people as if being a real estate agent magically educates you on the law.
Scott A. Nel…, , 02155
Mon Aug 6, 2007
I don't know that a real estate professional could answer that on 2 grounds. It's illegal and unethical to comment on the makeup of a neighborhood and second, what constitutes a strong black community? Strong is a subjective term. I might suggest looking in the local papers, contacting different community groups, perhaps houses of worship, town leaders etc. then you can make an informed decision. I'm not from the Pioneer Valley, but that would be a start. Fortunatly with the internet it's become alot easier to search for community groups and with blogs and other social networking groups.

Hope that is of assistance,
Web Reference:  http://www.medfordhouse.com