Robert W. De…, Home Buyer in Fall River, MA

Is there anyone from Bullhead City AZ that can tell me about the area, truthfully?

Asked by Robert W. Desrosiers, Fall River, MA Mon Apr 11, 2011

Answers

8
Margie (luci…, Home Buyer, Fort Mohave, AZ
Sat Jun 18, 2011
You have gotten the info on what to do around Bullhead City. Here is my take. We moved, from California, to Fort Mohave 1 month ago. Oh what a difference. We came from the San Joaquin Valley in California where the Mexican population was 67% from Sacramento to Bakersfield. Where we lived 79%. The families were made up of 5-8 kids. Flea Marts were little Tijuana. Walmart was screaming, running kids. If you wanted a job, you better speak Mexican. You could not talk to a live human being or people you could understand if you wanted to pay a bill, etc. This area is full of Medical and Religious facilities. I have seen very few Mexicans and you can go into a facility and talk and pay a bill with friendly, nice people. This area takes me back a few years, but, it has some beautiful houses, condos, apartments, mobile homes, etc. It does have its poor areas. I feel like a new, different person. Am I a racist, I don't think so; I just wanted to make sense of this Country where you have to speak Mexican to get a job, and I believe I found it in Arizona. It is hot here, but, I love heat. I love the breeze that goes with it. I love the evening where you can walk and swim and hot tub. What a treat. Come to Arrowhead Park in Fort Mohave and buy a mobile home. Fort Mohave is 12 miles from the beginning of Bullhead City. This park only has new homes with many ammenties. However, you can buy a used mobile home. We paid $75,000 for a beautiful mobile home that is about 5 years old. It has so, so much extras. There are a lot of foreclosures like everywhere else, but, I don't see closed business'. I see a lot of activity. I love my new home. At 75, it is precious to me. Bullhead City, Az is laid out along Hwy 95 and it runs right into Fort Mohave. We live 2 miles from the Avi Indian Casino/Reservation where you can get ham and eggs, 24/7 for $.99. Lovely place. Love the Colorado River.
Speak......Mexican? No offense Margie but I believe "Mexican" is not a language. Mexicans generally speak Spanish accompanied by other languages such as Nahuatl, Yucatec Maya and Mixtec. What language do you speak? "White"? No. It is English.
Flag Mon Dec 14, 2015
Margie (Lucille the Bigot)I think I will look you up and take my entire family to visit you! You are ignorant and uneducated! There is no such language as Mexican you idiot, it's Spanish.
Flag Mon Mar 10, 2014
Christina Do…, Renter, Bullhead City, AZ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
I like what Margie said, I too am in Calif and my husband has been unemployed for a bit, we have vacationed there for about 20 years. Last month he went with his parents and got a job the next day he was there. He is now there and I am here awaiting my daughter out of school in june. Yes it is hot but resonable housingm food costs and gas prices it's beautiful thre and the people area very nice.
Christine Ki…, Agent, Bullhead City, AZ
Mon Apr 11, 2011
Bullhead City is a beautiful area. If you enjoy water activities we are located on the Colorado River and Lake Mohave. If you enjoy hiking or breathtaking mountain views you can enjoy that as well. Bullhead City has managed to keep its small town charm while growing and expanding to offer more comforts and conveniences to the families that reside here. The overall atmosphere of our city is very relaxed. People enjoy real living without the pressures of a large city. To quote a good friend of mine "Bullhead City is the place everyone would love to live they just haven't had the opportunity".
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Apr 11, 2011
HI Robert,
It's a hot area in the summer both in temperature and activities. It's crazy, but alot of people go to the river in the summer and hang out on their boats no matter how (temperature) hot it is there. It's directly across the river from Laughlin, NV where they have casinos, shows, shopping, etc. There are some areas in BHC that I'm not crazy about but you should look to a local agent who "knows" the area and has worked there a long time , discuss what your goals are (Maybe Robert below) and have them give you a virtual tour of the area. Good luck!
Mdrndayhustlr, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Nov 11, 2016
Dont move here we are a small town and we would like to keep it that way...we dont need you moving in with your ideas and your jet ski
Varela.family, Home Buyer, Fort Mohave, AZ
Fri Aug 26, 2016
What is a great community that is great to start buying a home. Growing & thriving . Coming from Orange country California .
Kayctx1, Home Buyer, Bullhead City, AZ
Sun Apr 29, 2012
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW???? I LIVED THERE 3 YRS AGO & PLANNING TO GO BACK ! I MISS IT SOOOOOO MUCH!
Robert Krause, Agent,
Mon Apr 11, 2011
YES, what do want to know?
I came here for a weekend in 1983 & stayed
I've been selling Real Estate here since 1992.

Robert

Robert Krause
Broker
R Henry & Associates
1424 Pearl Cir
Fort Mohave, AZ 86426
928-554-2150
619-639-1182 Fax
My husband and I are moving from Calif. We are retired and want to find a nice 2+2 house. We have looked in Kingman and feel like we can find something we like for our price range. But the more I look at the bullhead city area, the more I think we should look a little closer. We are planning to come out there in mid-August to check it out. Should we call or do you have an email I could correspond with you?
Flag Tue Jul 21, 2015
Dear Robert. We are looking for a furnished house to rent in Bullhead City or nearby for Jan. Feb and March each year. Can you help us with anything like that? It has to be pet friendly and have a garage and completely furnished. Thank you for any help you can give us. pathagenow@hotmail.com. Rent no more than $1300 per month.
Flag Thu Apr 10, 2014