Is there a library? Any colleges or universities around there? I'm used to living in Washington, DC area. What about culture?

Asked by sulimusical, Fountain Hills, AZ Sun Jul 29, 2012

Any areas AZ where cooler with reasonable prices? Fountain Hills sounds very expensive. I want rent single fam house. Don't feel real estate good investment for many yrs to come. Thanks.

Answers

8
Cheryl Hunter, Agent, scottsdale, AZ
Tue Nov 25, 2014
Hi. There are many colleges and universities in the area. The cultural comparison to Washington DC is a little difficult to address but if you would like a farmhouse, then Fountain Hills is not for you. You can get a house on a ranch style property in the area, but this is definitely desert and hills terrain and lots of heat. If you want cooler temperatures, you can go up into Payson or Flagstaff perhaps.
Karisa Lara, Agent, Fountain Hills, AZ
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Hi!
I hope you are having a great day! We do have a library right in Fountain Hills. Great community to live in!!
Kay Speake, , Fountain Hills, AZ
Mon Feb 25, 2013
In Fountain Hills, we are just North/East of Scottsdale. We have a nice library in town. The nearest college is Scottsdale Community College and of course ASU in Tempe. We are a small town with wonderful community activities. We also have the world famous fountain and lake. Beautiful mountain views, bike paths and just good year round living. If you need anything, Scottsdale is just 10 min. away.
Jesus Gill, Other Pro, Fountain Hills, AZ
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Fountain Hills location is ideal, within short drive to ASU University in Tempe
Art and Culture?
Just drive down the hill to Scottsdale.
Fountain Hills is a harmonious, safe place to live
Richard Benko, Agent, Fort McDowell, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Yes, we have a very nice well stocked branch of the Maricopa County Library branch. ASU is 30 minutes away.
Rich Benko
480-213-8422
REALTY ONE GROUP
Resident of Fountain Hills
Vivien L Big…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Hello Suli,

The cooler areas of the valley in the foothills or mountains are also going to be higher in price.

July 16, 2012 4:45 PM - CBSNews.com - The Phoenix metro housing market is seeing a rise in home prices and a decline in the number of houses on the market, putting the area ahead of most other U.S. cities on the road to recovery, according to real estate experts.

Economists say the upward trend in the Phoenix area may serve as a beacon of hope for other cities across the nation that suffered when the housing bubble burst.

"The Phoenix market will be a benchmark city to monitor for residents in Las Vegas, the Inland Empire of California and ... the Florida market," said Lawrence Yun, chief economist with the National Association of Realtors.

The median price for Phoenix-area homes in May was about 30 percent higher than it was the same time last year, according to a monthly report released by the W. P. Carey School of Business's Center for Real Estate Theory and Practice at Arizona State University. The report also shows there are about half as many houses on the market as there were the same time last year.

Please check out my website below to see homes that may suit your needs. Please contact me any time if you have any questions.

Have a GREAT day!

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2012
I grew up in Fountain Hills and was the second graduating class of Fountain Hills High School--so I know the area very well! The closest 4 year university is ASU in Tempe Arizona. Arizona State University is a 40 minute drive from Fountain Hills. Scottsdale Community College is located in a neighboring city and is closer than ASU. Fountain Hills is a small town and has many events and site seeing opportunities. The world's tallest fountain is in the heart of Fountain Hills and the amazing desert and mountain views are abundant everywhere in town. Fountain Hills is considered part of the Phoenix Metro area and sees the same temperatures as most parts of Phoenix. Fountain Hills prices per square foot are higher than many parts of the Phoenix Metro area.
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2012
Yes, there is a public library in Fountain Hills. You may want to start a search on Founatin Hills from the Chamber of Commerce website:
http://www.fountainhillschamber.com/
I will be happy to answer specific questions.
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com