Is the paid off mortgage recorded somewhere in the parish courthouse?

Asked by Lee, Sun Aug 10, 2008

How can I get a copy of the paid off mortgage deed if my ex doesn't comply?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Sun Aug 10, 2008
Hello Lee. When a loan is paid off in full, usually the lender will record a deed of reconveyance, but the recording does not happen instantly. Some lenders are faster than others when it comes to recording the deed of reconveyance. Once the deed is recorded, you can certainly obtain a copy for your records. Depending on how much time has gone by since your ex-husband paid off the house, he may not have a copy of the deed of reconveyance himself as he will not receive a copy until the lender has recorded it. If your name was on the loan, you may be able to request that the lender also send you a copy. Good luck to you.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more