Is it a good idea to invest in Newfoundland, PA ?

Asked by James Mansford, 18344 Fri Dec 26, 2008

I saw a dozen good-priced homes in Newfoundland, PA. Is it a good idea to invest in real estate in this town ? Is there any trap here ?

Answers

5
James Mansfo…, Home Buyer, 18344
Sat Dec 27, 2008
Thank you everybody for your kind advices. They are greatly appreciated.
I had trouble posted in the right location, even though I typed in all the address correctly. I did not realized that there are 3 Newfoundland in the US. I had to post twice before I realized that it is in the wrong location. The computer software did not recognize all the characters, probably since they are too long.
Your advices applied equally well to all the locations, and since they are not that far apart, they are roughly compatible to each other.
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Fri Dec 26, 2008
Gregory,

Not sure of your personal attack on me. I didn't say anything about you in my response. I merely suggested toJames that he submit his question in Pennsylvania which makes sense to me. I did not try to attempt to answer his real estate questions as I am unfamiliar with Pennsylvania real estate and would be doing no service at all to him. I am also suprised to hear you say that "There is nothing you can tell a client that I can't provide them with from data found on the internet".I beg to differ on that statement. I don't just sell houses...I sell communities....communities that I know inside and out and am able to provide buyers with valuable information that they need to know about without having to search the internet for data for towns or states that I know nothing about. This isn't about me....it's about James........

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Gregory Bain, , Ocean County, NJ
Fri Dec 26, 2008
Gina, anyone with a computer and internet access can find out about Newfoundland, PA. In most cases they will be more knowledgeable than the so call real estate area expert. And, a lot less bias. Take your area with five zip codes for example, how many town council meetings or plan board meetings from those zip codes have you attended in the past year? There is nothing you can tell a client that I can't provide them with from data found on the internet. Real estate agents do not need a brick and mortar building to serve today's consumer. As a matter of fact, I am more likely to tell the person the truth and move the investor and his money to a town that better suits his wants and needs than the traditional agent. Good Luck. The future is here.
Web Reference:  http://www.RealEstate.com
Gina Chirico, Agent, Fairfield, NJ
Fri Dec 26, 2008
James,

Just wanted to you to know that your post is listed New Jersey, Passaic County, New Foundland...unless a NJ with true knowledge of PA can answer your post, I recommend you post under Pennsylvania so that market area specialists in Newfoundland, PA can share their knowledge and assist you in making your decision to invest or not invest. If perhaps you meant to ask about Newfoundland, NJ then repost your post so that NJ agents can share opinions.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-992-6363 ext 116
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Gregory Bain, , Ocean County, NJ
Fri Dec 26, 2008
If I had a hundred grand, would I put it in GM Stock, BofA Stock, Oil, Gold, US Savings Bonds, or, Newfoundland, PA real estate? I don't know. It is almost always a good time to invest in your own home town, or, take a more speculative look at alternative energy sources. That's just me. Good Luck.
Web Reference:  http://GregoryBain.com