Is St. Paul as cold as Minneapolis in the winter time?

Asked by Kristal Kraft, Greenwood Village, CO Wed May 23, 2007

Answers

9
Teresa Board…, Agent, Saint Paul, MN
Wed May 23, 2007
Interesting question. The cities share a border so I think the temperature is about the same in both.
Kaye Thomas, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Thu May 24, 2007
The coldest I have ever been in my life was one March when I went to a wedding in Superior WI across from Duluth MN The icicles were the size of tree trunks.. Sure hope it's not that cold in St Paul
Kristal Kraft, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Wed May 23, 2007
Sometimes places that are close by may have a slightly different climate due to protection by a mountain...
Tim Kindem, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Tue Jul 3, 2007
St. Paul's and Minneapolis' downtowns are literally minutes apart, and the cities actually touch each other in certain parts ... so yeah, you could say they're as cold as one another in the winter time.
Nancy Kelly, , Cottage Grove, MN
Wed May 23, 2007
Yes. The climate in St. Paul is the same as Minneapolis.
Josh Lund, , Minneapolis, MN
Mon Nov 9, 2015
Hello Kristal Kraft,
Good morning.
Easy question. The 2 Cities " the Twin Cities" are right next to each other so . . . YES the same temperature. Do you still live in CO? Looking to move to MN? Are you still in the market to buy a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
jlund@goldstarfinancial.com
Bill Downs, , Lauderdale, MN
Tue Nov 6, 2007
Yes, they are the same. Though it gets colder the further out from the cities one is, due to the "urban heat island effect".
Angela Niece, Agent, Twin Cities, MN
Mon Oct 1, 2007
Depends who you ask. Both Cities are very competitive so I would say that you will get a different answer from the residents in each. They in effect touch each other so should be the same.
Brad Anderson, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Fri Aug 24, 2007
Yes they are the same. The tempeture readings are taken at the Minneapolis/St. Paul international airport.