Is San Marcos Texas Gay Freiedly?

Asked by Charles Glasscock, Edinburg, TX Tue Jul 24, 2007

Answers

7
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Dear Charles,
I would go a little bit northand into Austin. Some smaller towns and rural areas may not be as friendly. San Marcos is a college town so that probably helps, but I would move to Austin. Austin is known as "The blue dot in the red state" if you know what I mean. There are several very gay friendly neighborhoods in Austin, Travis Heights, Zilker, Barton Hills, Northwest Hills to name a few. I would be happy to help you find the perfect neighborhood. If you like, I can send you some references from past gay and lesbian clients. Please let me know what I can do to help you make the move and good luck!
Web Reference:  http://www.BetinaForeman.com
NonRealtor, , 23456
Wed Aug 13, 2008
In my opinion, all of Texas is Gay Freiedly. And everything is big in Texas
Smarty, Home Buyer, Austin, TX
Wed Jul 25, 2007
Move a few miles north to Austin. It is a pretty liberal place. Only about a 20 minute drive to San Marcos.
Melissa Clif…, Agent, San Marcos, CA
Wed Jun 9, 2010
No need to move to Austin to find a GLT- friendly community! I went to school at Texas State in San Marcos, and I am now a licensed real estate agent and apartment locator in San Marcos and I will tell you that it is very accepting. There is a great GLT community at Texas State, and yes, Austin is only a short drive up the interstate!
Tess, , Hutto, TX
Mon Dec 14, 2009
I lived in San Marcos during college, and I would say a big yes on that one. All of the Austin area is, really. =)
Mary Gibson, Both Buyer And Seller, 78666
Fri Jun 19, 2009
Wimberley is very accepting of all people!
Rodney Monk, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed May 7, 2008
San Marcos is about 20 miles south of Austin, which is probably the most liberal city in Texas, and one of the top 5 gay friendly cities in the country. Also being that San Marcos is a college town(home to Texas State), which is also considered a party school, I think it would be safe to say yes. Most of the outlying areas from Austin, minus the "more rural areas" are very gay friendly.