Quality of Life in Pittsburg>Question Details

Barbara Blas…, Home Buyer in Pittsburg, CA

Is Pittsburg, CA a safe community?

Asked by Barbara Blaser, Pittsburg, CA Sun Jul 6, 2008

I think this is a subjective answer. We just moved from downtown San Francisco to Pittsburg. I feel extremely safe in our neighborhood. Talking with neighbors at our local playground, they do too. So many people told me to beware of Pittsburg but so far we just love it here! And, I got our local police report and there was nothing on it but car break ins. Big deal, as you will find that anywhere. Don't let people scare you into not looking here! We have a beautiful home and for the money, we could not have touched anything like this in other parts.
Saw this was posted a while ago. Do you still feel the same
Flag Mon Sep 23, 2013
As Realtors we suscribe to the Code of Ethics and our best direction would be to check with the Pittsburg PD for crime statistics in the area.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
NO! I had a friend who lived there. She came home one day and heard a noise...found someone trying to hide under a bathroom vanity. The kid bolted out of the house. Scared the H-E-Double toothpicks outta her. She moved to San Ramon.

You can find a crime report for Pittsburg by clicking on the following link:
http://pittsburgca.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm and
Web Reference: http://www.cimpler.com
Artur Urbans…, Real Estate Pro in Burlingame, CA
Personally talk to the Pittsburg Police. Find out what has been going on lately and in what areas. I recommend to my clients in Fremont to talk to the Police as well.
Web Reference: http://www.sunilsethi.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 23, 2010
I think it is safe enough since my father has an accupunture clinic there; he often visit there once or twice a week from San Francisco.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 6, 2008
Did you know Pittsburg, Ca IS the home to a direct decent of Mohmed. He he been here for quite some time.
At this site REALTORS and friends are trying to boost realestate sales.

Remember this"If their mouth moves (or in this case, their fingure) THEY ARE LYING !!!
City government operations, are the ENEMY ! Police are the soldier agents, of government operations.

Daily, on a regular basis, seasoned, and rookie alike violate individual rights.

Police refuse to enforce parking violations, drug activity, and I belive there is an illegal betting operation operated by a few in law enforcment. Those new Socker fields tell a story, once one looks a bit deeper.

Pittsburg is a very bad place. The Police are trained to racial descriminate as to the level of enforcement used. It is very bad.
Anyone who says, or thinks different really needs to get a CLUE !!!
I bought a home here in Pittsburg, CA in 2009 as a first time homebuyer. If you live in a neighborhood where a home is $400,000 or more, there is little crime. If you are in a home that is worth $325,000 like mine is now, there is crime still from my neighbors next door or from apartments around the block from people hopping the fence and I live in a gated community with security driving around here 8 hours a day. Also, there is a wide range of minorities and ethnic groups in this city. Many hate white, caucasions no matter how nice you are.

Some of the Pittsburg police are excellent. The new young ones are not very good at all. They do not take your complaints here seriously and when I was ASSAULTED here near my home, the police made little effort to track the person down and to solve the crime. I had to do it myself. I even talked to the Police Chief, Police Captain and Lieutenants but I was treated badly as a crime victim. I plan on next bring up my horrible experience with the city manager, senators, congressmen, county supervisors and the news media. The police can care less about following up on people who commit crimes here. It's more important to them to be liked on Facebook.

Many Pittsburg Police officers are poor listeners, discriminate against you and take sides with people they like here, don't believe anything you say, instead of listening to the honest person or a victim of crime that I was who has no criminal background.

The crime I think is a little less since 2009 depending on where you live in Pittsburg but if the police do not take your complaints seriously or followup or don't even believe you, then Pittsburg crime is just as bad as Antioch and Concord and I am not even counting the gangs that are in these cities.

I am from San Mateo County where the police there, after 48 years of living there, are 10x better than 98% of the Pittsburg police I have had to deal with since 2009-2016.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
no, but i can't see where it would be safer. oakley, concord, antioch, brentwood all have gang activity and it is escalating. i have personally called the police twice in the last two weeks after hearing gunshots (fireworks?) late at night. also, there have been 3 fatal shootings on the trail a block from my house. The neighbors don't report it, the newspapers don't report it, so it's take your best guess. Form a neighborhood watch? good luck. in my neighborhood people just don't care anymore. it's the new york story; "i don't want to get involved". the police however, always take my calls seriously and do check things out. they'll call you back if you request it. i get the feeling of " i don't even want to know". but really, how are things ever going to change unless we change them?
FYI... Brentwood has very litle gang activity. Trust me there is alot less than it use to have years ago.
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012
Bag it and walk, no RUN outta there! If its anything like Antioch, there are squatters in the foreclosed homes.
According to 'Spotcrime' Pittsburg is nothing like Antioch - which has a great deal of crime. Pittsburg has almost none by comparison.
Flag Sat Mar 8, 2014
You can check the website (http://crimereport.com) and find out how is the community you are interested in
Web Reference: http://lucyliouhomes.com
Some of the parts are better than others but generally it's NOT a safe community. Lots of property crime, gang activity, care theft, as well as violent crimes. Here is the link for 2006 stats (not just crime stats): http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/snapshot…
Have you reached the zip for info. you require? Real estate professionals per the code of ethics can’t make those comments http://www.lynn911.com