Im planning a move from Gallup, NM to Silver Lakes/ Helendale, CA. Will there be a big difference in the?

Asked by Kathy, Tue Mar 4, 2008

price of utilities? All utilities included in Gallup we pay about $600 a month.

Answers

3
Linda Ramirez, , 92311
Tue Mar 11, 2008
I live in Barstow just a few miles from Helendale, off the old rte 66. I would expect utilities to remain the same or less. It really depends on your usage. You can expect a boost in electric in summer for air conditioning ,electric, and then a winter gas offset for heating. The temperature in the winter can get pretty low in the night but it seldom remains under 45 degrees in the daytime- you can be just as likely to have 70-75 degree-beautiful days, as we have this week. My highest bill has been $175.00. I average more likely $60-80 monthly, but my home is small and well insulated. I have lived here many years and it is a pleasant place to be. Everything is expanding all over the high desert and Barstow has seen a lot of expansion in the last couple of years-including an outlet center and soon a super Walmart-yippee. The web site for Barstow city will give you more information. Silver Lakes is about 1/2 way on the old road from Victorville to Barstow along the Mojave River. The web site below has a link to the Barstow city site and is the community development I work for-
Pattierabbit, Home Buyer, Helendale, CA
Thu Mar 21, 2013
we have a 2000 sq ft house. the average utilty bill is $600, not including cable. really high here.
Priscilla Vi…, Agent, Helendale, CA
Sun Apr 26, 2009
Hi! I've lived in Silver Lakes over 14 years. I always get the level payment plan on natural gas & electric & it runs about $150 per month each year round. Water runs between $50 and $125 depending on if you have alot of grass & flowers. I doubt you would ever pay $600 a month unless your house was huge. I am a realtor with Professional Realty in Silver Lakes and would be happy to help you find a home. You can reach me at 760-954-1073 anytime. I've bought, sold and lived in over 8 homes here in Silver Lakes in 14 years. This is a great time to buy. You can even be on the water for under $200,000. Hope this helps! Priscilla