Karl Hess, Real Estate Pro in Barnegat, NJ

If you were 'King for a Day,' what would you change about America?

Asked by Karl Hess, Barnegat, NJ Wed Jun 15, 2011

Answers

13
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
If I were king I would abolish the monarchy.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Do I get the whole day? Like, I can wake up at 11:30 pm the night before, shower and grab a bite, then get 24 consecutive hours?

Simple. I'd end hunger in America, guarantee the fullest education to everyone who could avail themselves, install a single-payer health care system, enforce the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, enact tarrifs, add a transaction tax on stock and commodity trades, and have as my motto, "He Who Dies With The Most Toys is Still Dead." Oh, yes, and add a carbon tax, too.
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Jun 15, 2011
We would have a flat tax and incentives to bring back our manufacturing businesses.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Thu Jun 16, 2011
Phil, if you were King we wouldn't LET YOU abolish the Monarchy. Same for SuZ.
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Jun 15, 2011
A plan of attack to get people back to work. I would give every employer that hires someone over the age of 40 some great tax incentives.
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
I would make every mortgage in the country an assumable loan. I would love to know that we as mortgage holders could sell the property if in trouble to someone willing to assume the mortgage. So many people would have been saved by this option. Banks can pass the loan around like candy, even package it like a product on the commodity market mean while we are stuck with a loan and can not even if we are financially falling, pass it to a willing buyer more able to assume and pay the mortgage. Banks would still get things like a rewrite or transfer fee and they would have a more stable loan!
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sat Jun 18, 2011
I would abolish the office of "King" - then with the kingdom secure I would restore democracy and get the free markets rolling again - rewarding hard work rather than hard-ly working....ah, the very thought of it, make me happy!
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Hmmm,

King for a day?

George Washington wisely advised that the United States to "steer clear of foreign entanglements." Perhaps it's time to revisit his message, minimize our world presence as the self appointed savior, and focus on taking care of our own house.

Respectfully,

Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Wed Jun 15, 2011
What fun, Karl!

Some great answers. I like the response from Don Maclary. Bring back our manufacturing. Get this country's economy going again!

SuZ
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Unfortunatley Karl, it's going to take more the a day! That said, get rid of the ME mentality in politics and community.

For politicians, ME=the next election. For community ,ME=I know we need to tighten our belts, but do it to something that desn't affect ME!
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Impose term limits on congress.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Privatize the government and get rid of career politicianns.
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Nice idea, a little levity for a change.

Hmmm, what would I change. Reduce employment to a rate that spurs this economy.
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com