I'm looking to buy a two bedroom condo in Oak Park. The location seems good and has the space I need.

Asked by Brad, North Aurora, IL Fri Apr 18, 2008

However it is a Garden/Basement Unit. Does anyone have any experience or advice with these? Also when it comes to re-sale will I run into a lot of problems?

Answers

2
John Sommese, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Fri Apr 18, 2008
Brad, make sure you do your homework. At this time there are 133 condos in the Oak Park area that are on the market. As far as pricing goes, you will pay less money in a complex for the lower level units. When you go to sell the condo, you have to make sure you price it below the sales price for the upper units. If you sell 3-5 years from now you should be fine with making some money. Good Luck
Inspector Ge…, , Chicago, IL
Fri Apr 18, 2008
I just inspected a condo in that area today. I would recommend a through condo inspection of the roof, drainage, sump system, and foundation to make sure there is no seepage. Its a good idea to hire a home inspector who will look not only at your unit envelope, but is willing to inspect any systems that will effect your unit.

Gravity plays a role in the garden units.

Approximately how many units are in the building?

Have a look here for more information on Chicago Area Condo Inspections: http://www.home-inspection-chicago.com/Condo-Inspector-Chica…