I'm going to relocate to Scottsboro. What things do you offer to Sr.Citizens.

Asked by Betty Leroy, 37421 Sat Sep 22, 2007

I would like to know what kind of programs and entertainment is offered to those people over age 60?

Answers

2
Becky, , Bridgeport, AL
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Betty,
There are quite a few things to offer in Scottsboro and the surrounding areas. Huntsville is just 30 minutes down the road. Chattanooga is just under an hour. Both places have many shopping malls, big city attractions, while Scottsboro has that small home town appeal. Scottsboro is nestled in the Tennessee valley, right next to the Tennessee River, with Lake Guntersville just south. There are numerous golf courses, restaurants. A new Cinema is scheduled to be constructed within the near future. You don't have worries walking down the streets. There are many small towns that are in this area, and the housing and taxes are great for those that are on a fixed income. With all this, you get some of the countries most gracious people. Scottsboro is a great place to live. That is one reason my husband and I moved here from FL. The insurance and taxes are so much easier to pay when you are retired.
Web Reference:  http://www.scottsboro.com
Judy Pittman, Home Buyer, Blue Ridge, GA
Sun Aug 10, 2008
hi betty, please let me know if you find something so i can maybe look in the blue ridge,ga. area for the same,maybe if there is not you can start one in your home maybe 2times a month. i know i will also, its so lonely for so many of us around 60 who have no one,but maybe our little dog for company.......best wishes,blessings to you,,,,,,,,,,,judy pittman, moving from fla. to blue ridge,ga. age 59.......