Joe, Other/Just Looking in Wayne Co. Pennsylvania

I have property with deeded lake rights. Can I put a motor boat and dock in the water?

Asked by Joe, Wayne Co. Pennsylvania Tue May 13, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jim Johnson, , 78233
Tue May 13, 2008
Do you have an HOA? Is your property waterfront? Check your covenants and restrictions. Check up on any local ordinances affecting the use of the lake. If you can, you will likely need to get approval from the HOA, and/or the local governmental body that issues building permits.
1 vote
Mim Heisey, , Shippensburg, PA
Tue May 13, 2008
If you do not have a statement of specific rights, look at your deed to see if there is a recorded document referenced.
Do you know a good REal Estate agent in the area where your property is located? ASk them for help. We often get questions from neighbors and friends about real estate matters, and we are glad to help where we can, with the understanding that when you need a Realtor you won't forget us.
Blessings in your search,
0 votes
Mim Heisey, , Shippensburg, PA
Tue May 13, 2008
Hi Joe,
It depends! Take a look at your document that states what your rights are. It should indicate what the scope of those rights are? It may only to swim, or to put a non-motorized boat out.
Hope that helps
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Quality of Life in Waymart Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more