I am thinking about buying a house on a busy corner. What good ways can you quiet the road noise?

Asked by Ken, Arroyo Grande, CA Sun Mar 30, 2008

Answers

3
Stacey A. Ma…, , Westfield, MA
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Hi Ken, here is a link for information on a great shrub used throughout the Northeast. Arborvitae's are evergreens which grow tall, fast and make both a visual and auditory screen. Not sure if they will grow in your area, but check with a local horticulturist or garden center for plants with similar properties. Stacey
Ute Ferdig -…, Agent, New Castle, DE
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Get well insulated windows. At least you won't hear the noise while inside the house. What you can do outside is difficult to assess. You'll have to check with the city or county to see what they'll let you do before you close escrow. Good luck to you.
RE/MAX Empire…, , Texas
Sun Mar 30, 2008
A wall is an obvious answer. I forget the name of the bushes that grow tall like trees but that helps as well. I would ask your realtor and do a little driving around figure out what others people are doing. HOAs and the city may get in the way of the plans so ask your realtor to check it out or obtain numbers for you.