I am recently divorced and my exhusband refuses to move out. He is not on the lease nor has paid any rent how can I get him to leave.

Asked by Gmimz, San Francisco, CA Mon Dec 7, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Does he hate cats? Get a cat! Does he hate green? Paint the walls green. Psychological warfare is usually the cheapest alternative!

Actually, I am just kidding. Did your divorce decree state that he would move out? If so, that should be enforceable. If not, I would advise talking to a lawyer or calling the police.
1 vote
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Dec 7, 2009
You are obviously being taken advantage of....time to stand up and say enough.
Let him know you are taking legal action.....and then do so!

Most normal individuals would understand the inappropriateness of this arrangement and move on.
0 votes
Jed Lane, Agent, Petaluma, CA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Bring in your brother and father or get an attorney and put the law on him.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Dec 7, 2009
You really should seek the advise of your attorney--good luck.
0 votes
Jeff K, Home Buyer, Bristol, PA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
This isn't a real estate question. It's a legal one. Talk to your divorce attorney ASAP. This should have been covered in the Divorce Agreement. If it wasn't then your attorney is an idiot!
0 votes
David Tapper, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
I would talk to a good real estate attorney who specializes in San Francisco. You may be able to serve him a 3 day or 30 day notice to vacate, but that is for the attorney to decide.

Good luck,

Dave Tap Tapper
Cashin Company
0 votes
Jessica Dodge, , Campbell, CA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Have you discussed this with your attorney? THat is the first place I would go for help.
Web Reference:  http://www.thedodgeteam.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more