I am not in foreclosure as we speak. My husband lost his job and that has caused us to fall on very hard

Asked by P Williams, Middleburg, FL Sat May 24, 2008

times. I am looking for people who are willing to donate money to us so that we can stay in our home. Please email me @ essencefromtheearth@yahoo.com.
We appreciate any help we can get. Thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jim Johnson, , 78233
Sun Jun 8, 2008
If this is not a con, give Sandy credit for the best answer, and follow her advice. I'll add only that you should not wait until Tuesday.
1 vote
Mark Cole, , 32003
Sun Jun 8, 2008
Please do as the other agents have suggested. If you have maintained a good payment record with your lender they will probably work out a modification or restructure your payments for you on a temporary basis. You could also contact a local Realtor to work with you on this. Many will not charge you anything for the assistance. If the job loss is going to be extended then you may want to consider a short sale, again your Realtor can help with this. DO NOT get involved with the "I can buy your house for cash" people and you see their signs at evry intersection, many of these type operations are designed to take advantage of people in hard times. Call your lender , call a Realtor, but don't put your head in the sand as the problem will not go away. Hope this helps.
1 vote
Sandy Shores, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sat May 24, 2008
You may find the following website beneficial. It describes tips for avoiding foreclosure. At this point it is important that you get in touch with your lender and let them know your situation. Lenders are not in the business of owning real estate, so they may be able to help you work through your situation.

Best wishes.
1 vote
Pam Holzem, Agent, Hastings, NE
Wed May 28, 2008
Here are 2 sites worth looking at. http://www.prosper.com is a people lending people money site and http://www.hopenow.com (also http://www.hopenow.us is worth looking at). I do agree with the previous 2 answers. Contact your lender, you might be surprised what they will do to help. Good Luck.
0 votes
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Sat May 24, 2008
Contact your lender immediately, if you haven't already done so. Keep your lender fully informed, and try to work something out; there are a number of things lenders can do to help borrowers in your situation.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Quality of Life in Middleburg Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more