City77, Home Buyer in 07821

I am deciding between 2 homes (one in Independence Twp and the other in Green Twp). I am not from this area. Can you advise me which area, overall,?

Asked by City77, 07821 Thu Oct 15, 2009

is a better, safer and nicer area to raise a family?

Answers

6
Nj Gal, Both Buyer And Seller, 07821
Wed Apr 6, 2011
I'm living in Byram Twp in Cranberry Lake (a stone's throw from Green) and absolutely love the community here! Great place to raise kids...no one locks their doors and lots of family oriented activities. All of northwestern NJ is great to raise a family. We love the area so much that we're moving just a few minutes south for more gardening space but wanted to stay in the same general area.
Voices, , Long Valley, NJ
Tue Nov 10, 2009
If you will be commuting from Route 80 to the city, Green Township has quick access. There is very little traffic to battle from Green to Route 80. Green is beautiful and clean. You can hear the birds. Take a visit to both towns, all of North West New Jersey is beautiful. Plan a trip to one of the local famrs to pick up your holiday greens. and see for yourself.

Mary Grace Hix
Weichert, Realtors
e-mail: mg_hx2@yahoo.com
201-694-1883
David Leidy, , Andover, NJ
Thu Nov 5, 2009
Both towns are nice, rural areas. Except for developments, houses are spread apart. Even in developments of new homes, you will have plenty of room from your neighbors. Both have good schools. Don't where your coming from. Your kids may not understand a longist bus ride to school. Most areas have no street lights, so it gets quite dark at night.
Carolyn Fent…, , 07825
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Green is in Sussex County and Independence is in Warren County. Contact the schools, towns - I agree with Melanie regarding what "nice" is. Think about schools, commute - if you have children check out the various sports teams/recreation to see if they match with their interests. Do you have a realtor? This is my area. Feel free to contact me.

Carolyn Fenton
Realtor, GREEN Designation
RE/MAX Ridge Real Estate
973-214-2166
Carolyn.Fenton@remax.net
Bradley Barg…, , 08008
Thu Oct 15, 2009
How are you? Both areas are nice. Are there particular things you are looking for in the community of your potential new home? I would gladly help you with specific questions, as I spent many years in that area. I could set you up with the right connections to assist you in any scenario you may have. Feel free to contact me at any point so we can discuss your concerns and I could give you further opinions.

In good health,

Bradley Bargiel
Weichert, Realtors®
bbargiel@weichert.com
Cell: (973) 229-9158
Melanie D. P…, , Westchester County, NY
Thu Oct 15, 2009
Everyone has different ideas about what a "nice" area is. You are the only person who can decide what area is best for your family.

Go to the web & search the name of each town. Check the town hall information, census information, school information & call the local police departments and ask them about criminal activity in each area.

If you have time, drive around the towns at different times of day to see what they're like. You can even knock on the doors of your would be neighbors to talk with them about what they think about the area.