How's the neighborhood at Vinita Ave. right next to the school?

Asked by Rbohan, Akron, OH Mon Mar 4, 2013

There is a house immediately adjacent to the back of the school property (behind the bleachers, in fact) that I'm interested in. The houses on the street look good but several others are for sale and all the homes are selling for a good bit under what they'd be on the market for, say, in Wallhaven or Northwest Akron. I assume the street gets a lot of noise from football games but does it get lots of traffic (folks looking for parking, etc) as well? Also, does it get lots of after (or during) school traffic/activity from the kids at school? Is it, in general, a quiet neighborhood?

Answers

1
Thomas McCombs’ answer
Thomas McCom…, Agent, New Franklin, OH
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Any area closes to a school is going to get a lot of traffic. If you are looking for peace and quiet, I might suggest some other areas.
But this traffic probably reduces the amount of buyer competition and therefore means that you could buy it at an excellent price.
If you have kids that would go to that school it could be a great buying opportunity.
Thanks, Dan. That's what I figured but this is in kind of a unique place with respect to the school. Vinita ends in a cul de sac right at the far side of the school property. I wouldn't think it would be a normal walking path for kids but wanted to check.
Flag Mon Mar 4, 2013