Andrew Dodry,  in New York, NY

How's life for chidren in San Jose?

Asked by Andrew Dodry, New York, NY Sun Dec 9, 2007

Answers

5
Chris, , 95037
Sat Dec 15, 2007
Hi Andrew,

I noticed your back east in NY, I am from NJ and have been here for 11 years and there is no turning back.

The quality of life is wonderful, we have great weather all year long, our winters are nothing compared to the east coast, i still hardly wear a coat...unlike native californians. : )

There are so many areas even right outside of san jose that are just quaint and yet close to your workplace.

Areas like Saratoga, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Cupertino to name just a few.

Where is your job going to be located? What timeline are you working within?

Shoot me an email if you need any questions answered. Lots of luck to you.
Realtor, ,
Wed Dec 12, 2007
San Jose is a wonderful city for families! I should know, I was born in San Jose Hospital and I have lived here my entire life.
Infinity Rea…, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Dec 10, 2007
Great i cant believe some of these questions go unanswered. San Jose has great schools and there are many activities available for your family. The weather is beautiful almost year round. Depending upon your area you plan to visit or move, it would be harder to generalize. As a whole the area is great, if you want some more detail reply with a specific area, or what your kids are interested in and maybe we can help with some more information.

Good Luck
Erica Glessi…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Dec 10, 2008
As my three children, husband and I left the San Jose Sharks (professional hockey) game the other night, we were stuck trying to leave the stadium with 17000 other fans. A nice driver paused and waved me into the lane. We got home in about 15 minutes with no traffic at all on 280, the freeway right outside downtown SJ.

There is nothing like the quality of life here for children, families, and generally a safe and wonderful environment.

San Jose, much like New York, is broken up into dozens of neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has its own qualities. San Jose is also bordered by some great cities like Los Gatos, Cupertino, Saratoga, Mountain View and is only about a half hour from Stanford and Palo Alto -- where I grew up.

The quality of life comparison against cost per home lands well, as does the lot size. I'm not sure if you're from NY NY or upstate -- but in the general areas outlying San Jose, you experience bigger lots and more comfortable side areas between homes than in some nearby cities where homes are built tightly against each other.

I'd take San Jose over San Francisco any day!

Erica M Nelson
Education Specialist
http://www.Connectrealty.com/EricaNelson
EricaNelsonEstates@gmail.com
408-416-7090
Denise Stuart, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Dec 10, 2008
Andrew,
San Jose has excellent schools in Berryessa which is my area of expertise, but also there is Almaden, Willow Glen and some other pockets that have great schools, you can check on
http://www.greatschools.net/
Also remember gret schools don't just happen, they have alot to do with great parents!
If you have someone there making a move this way, I would love to help.
Denise Stuart
Coldwell Banker
408-893-3400
denise.stuart@coldwellbanker.com