How is the area of South Ridge in Fontana, CA?

Asked by Sharon, Hesperia, CA Sat May 31, 2008

My fiance is worried about the neighborhood because of things he heard over 5 years ago. So my question is... how is this area? Please explain South Ridge specifically as we are almost certain Fontana is where we will buy anyway. Personally to me I absolutely LOVE the area, the way it looks, the shopping center and park... It's the exact way I want my neighborhood to look. I knew I wanted to live there before I even saw the home. I can't imagine its a bad part of Fontana. The view of the mountain is wonderful... I want to move fast so your comments will truly help us out.

Answers

6
Diane Wheatl…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sat May 31, 2008
Southridge had a bad reputation as a renter's neighborhood with reported crime, vandalism, graffiti and the home prices continued to decline because of this. I have not sold a home in Southridge in a year or so. The buyers that I have been showing homes to prefer the Sierra Lakes area of Fontana first and then there is Summit Heights and Citrus Heights that are also very nice. They are new and gated communities (except for the golf course homes in Sierra Lakes development). I do not know what your price range is but pricing all over Fontana has dropped dramatically and it may surprise you. The amount of money you planned on spending in Southridge may afford you a home in one of these mentioned neighborhoods. Plus there are many more lovely communities in North Fontana that offer lovely features that you should check out first. The shopping areas are all new and modern. And it is very close to the Victoria Gardens Shopping Center. I was just showing out there today!! Good luck

Diane Wheatley
diane@moveupproperties.com
(909) 981-5589
Joan Patters…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Sun Jun 1, 2008
Hi Sharon,
What I would advise you to do is to check with the Fontana Police Department. This would be the very first step and ask them about the Southridge area. I, myself, just sold a house last month to a nice young couple and they were thrilled to live in Southridge. I think it is a personal choice as to where you want to live. Please make sure you drive the area during the day and at night. And, most of all, stop and talk to the neighbors to ask them how they like living there as well.
Obviously, there are other people that like Southridge as well because there are many people living there.

And, there are many other nice communites in Fontana as well. I think you should check them out. Like Diane mentioned below, there are many lovely places to live. It all depends on your price range. Drive all the areas, don't limit yourself to just one area in particular. And, make sure you get a good agent to take you around to the different areas. Check out the schools as well if you have children. That is also important. Good luck and if I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
Regards!
Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor
8250 White Oak Avenue,Ste 102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
951-204-1864

Visit my website to search the MLS for free: http://www.calljoan4homes.com
Anthony Saun…, Agent, Fontana, CA
Tue Nov 24, 2015
There has been many new improvements in Southridge. A new post office and Home depot. A new shopping center with a Starbucks, supermarket and a gas station as anchor stores. I love the ups store where I can have my packages delivered instead of sitting on the porch until I get home. The water park at Sierra and Jurupa have received a major overhaul.

My favorite improvement though is the widening of Cherry and Sierra Ave and the Cataba freeway overpass. That is a relief to the evening traffic we used to have.

Anthony Saunchez
BROKER CA BRE #01758407
Campa Properties
909-440-8029
Kymberly Cal…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thu Aug 5, 2010
Hello Sharon, I have been selling homes in the Southridge area for approximately 10 years. I would suggest you ask the police department in regards to the area . You can also go and ask some of the people that live there. It is a great place to raise a family and It is not a bad part of Fontana. There had been some issues with the area approximately 5 years ago but we have not been having any major issues. There is a graffiti hotline so if you see anything on a wall in the morning you won't see it by the time you get home from work. It is a very family orientated city we have Fontana walks, free concerts and movies in the park, various marathons, cart and car racing at the speedway. Come and check us out you will find out that Southridge is a great place to live.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance, I can show you some available properties around the city.
Kymberly Caldwell, SFR, CREOLAS, Realtor®
Buyers Specialist
Tri County Residential (909) 973-0410- direct
Jay, , Texas
Sat Feb 14, 2009
I lived in San Bernardino for 15 years, them moved to Southridge in Fontana for 13 years. I bought a new home in a newer, nice neighborhood. Over the following years, I watched association fees, crime, gangs, graffitti, noise, problems, etc. strangle the neighborhood. Luckily, I was able to sell out in 2004 at the "up" swing of property prices. I took the cash and left the state with enough to build a beautiful home. I would never live in Fontana again. Good luck to you all.
, Home Buyer, Fontana, CA
Sat Sep 13, 2008
I totaly disagree with Diane. I am a Phsysician and live in 92337 for 10 years. We have very nice community and safe area. I never heard any crime in my area. Really, I love this area. I dont have any plan to move anywhere.This is only area of Fontana which has so much free land for new developments. Many new businesses coming in this area( Bank O America, walmart). Obviously, prices will jump very fast here than any other areas of Fontana.