How do I get Morrison Homes to honor their warranty? Morrison Homes won't fix our home!

Asked by Code Purple Tony Ferras, 94513 Sat Oct 27, 2007

We bought a Morrison Home new in Brentwood, Northern California, and Morrison Homes won't fix our house. We have had the house inspected and have had General Contractors give us estimates to repair construction defects and building code violations, confirmed by the city building inspector who signed off our house and our development. Morrison Homes Central Valley office has repeatedly caused delays on repairs that are supposed to be done within 30 days. Some repairs have taken as long as 18 months. Morrison Homes has left our bathtub installation incomplete now since November 2005. Morrison is being sued by over 60 people in a class action lawsuit, for construction defects, breach of contracts, product liability, negligence. I have had Morrison's employees falsely accused me of assault, I have had another Morrison employee follow me down to our house, cussing, swearing, insulting and threatening me. We have been constantly harassed by Morrison Homes since we bought our house.

Answers

8
Janice Spenc…, , 94531
Sat Oct 27, 2007
Dear A.M.,
I am sorry to hear about your predicament. Is your home in the development just off Sand Creek Road? I sold one in there last year, and that owner had a very good response getting some issues addressed by the builder. Since it sounds like you have come to the end of the proverbial rope, my suggestion would be to try to remove yourself from the picture as much as possible (putting the dispute in the hands of an attorney). That way you can take a deep breath and hopefully get rid of some of the stress this has put you under. An arbitration may be a more advantageous way to resolve things than trying to jump onboard a class action law suit. Realtors are not attorneys and can not give legal advise, so please contact an attorney to discuss all your options. It will be money well spent.
Warmly,
Janice Spencer
Web Reference:  http://www.janicespencer.com
Patti Philli…, , Carlsbad, CA
Sat Oct 27, 2007
Dear AM, I too am very sorry to hear about the lack of response from your builder. I wish I could give you some advise, but other than also telling you to get an attorney, I don't know what to tell you. Stories like this just make me angry beyond belief. I wish you the very best at getting things resolved.
Delebi1, , Salida, CA
Fri Jun 25, 2010
My husband and I are in a class action right now with Morrison Homes. It has been about 5 years and the jury case is just now coming to a conclusion. I see this is happening in several locations throughout the U.S. We are in Salida California. I guess they would rather go to court than address their buiding inadequacies. Anyone involved in these lawsuits probably won't buy another Morrison home, I certainly won't. The only way to get Morrison to do something, is to sue them.
Kirk, Home Buyer, Brentwood, CA
Mon Jan 18, 2010
I'm one of over 30 homeowners in Brentwood that are part of a class action suit against Morrison Homes in Brentwood off Sand Creek Rd. Our home has major structural problems with huge cracks in the outside and inside walls. The doorways are separating, separations in ceiling to side walls as well as cracks and sinking of the cement pad foundation. I suggest contacting Milstein, Adelman & Kreger, LLP that are our class action attorneys at (310) 396-9600. Raquel Flaherty is handling the case. These prople have no business building sandboxes much less homes.
Kirk Griffin
Brentwood, Ca
ronaldgriffin@comcast.net
Nameissay, Home Buyer, California
Thu Aug 6, 2009
No Answere but a question

Does any one know how to contact Morrison Homes?

mochahontes@aol.com

Thank you
Carol, , Jacksonville, FL
Mon Nov 10, 2008
I am in the same situation here in Florida. Have you had any luck with your issues? Please email me....
eekus@comcast.net
Jerry & Paul…, Agent, Brentwood, CA
Fri Apr 18, 2008
You also might try contacting the Contractors Licensing Board in Sacramento, talk with them and if need be, I believe you can file a complaint.
Terry Osburn, Agent, Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Nov 23, 2007
I am very sorry to hear of your experience.
Both previous responses were correct. We are NOT attorneys and we cannot give legal advice. There are several excellent real estate attorneys who charge by the hour and it would be worth the $150-$250 consultation.

Have you checked with the State Attorney Generals office? They also may have additional information and guidance.
Web Reference:  http://www.TerryOsburn.com