How cold can I expect it to get in the " dead of winter" in San Tan Valley AZ? I need my pool for arthritis dread not swimming for months. Thank you

Asked by Deb Sherman-Naholoholo, Bandera County, TX Mon Aug 20, 2012

Answers

5
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Deb,
It seems it's never too cold in AZ - it always amazes me how in winter months some people wear short sleeves and others have jackets and coats on at the same time. You may feel chilly for a month or two in your heated pool or spa, but there are public indoor pools available, too.
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com
Edward Maddox, Agent, Florence, AZ
Mon Feb 2, 2015
December and January can be cold in the evenings. Most of our winter visitors who come here opt for a heater with their swimming pool.
Scott Saults, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Good morning Deb,

Average low temperatures in the "dead of winter"(December/early January) are in the low 40's and occasionally will drop into the mid-to-high 30's. Expect a few nights each year to dip below the freezing mark. High temperatures in the same time-frame typically rebound nicely into the high 50's and 60's.

As a San Tan Valley resident and Realtor, I allow my pool to run overnight anytime we expect below freezing temps. To effectively use the pool for your arthritis, I would recommend a heated pool. The actual pool temperatures will get quite cool.

For more information on the temperatures and San Tan Valley community, try: http://ssaults.longrealty.com/pages/san-tan-valley-homes-com…
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Tue Aug 21, 2012
Deb

The dead of winter in Arizona means a few nights a year with some very light freezing, (below 32 degrees). San Tan Valley has some low spots that typically experience some freezing most years and it is recommended to cover the more fragile plants and the water inlet into the house.

I live in Queen Creek and would also let my pool run all night long on the really cold nights just to make sure nothing froze and had no issues. Cover a few plants with sheets so they don't get frost damage etc.

Swimming in the winter: A heated pool is recommend unless you are a polar bear. Some of the homes have spa's and heated pools that allow you to keep your pool warm all of the time, this can be a great way to go. If you want to be more conservative we could go to a development that has a heated (year around) pool and you could use that. We also have YMCA's etc that might work.

We have a spa that we use year around and love it!!

Choices are good, which one works best for you is what we determine next.
Scott Caldwe…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Deb!

Here is a great illustration of the avg temperatures throughout the year for San Tan Valley.
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/85143
This gives you a great idea of what to expect anyways.

Have you found a home yet here in AZ or have you just getting started looking?
Let me know if I can be of any service!
I'd love to help you find a Great Home!

Take care,
Scott Caldwell
Home Key Realty
Scott@MyAZHomeKey.com
Would just warn you to be very careful who you rent to. I have sold many investor owned homes that had renters and when they vacate, can leave you with a lot of repairs issues. Be careful.
Flag Mon Feb 2, 2015
Thank you for replying. I see it states I'min Bandera TX however we were now own our home in SanTan Valley haven't been here for winter.
The weather map that was shown seems off due to the lows were never as low this summer as it stated. Perhaps this is overall using average. It gets down to 36 degrees? I hope not I sure hope not.
My husband came and looked at this house I was having knee surgery. I saw it online however knew zero of the area had I come and looked I would have chose another area. Have thought about buying another and rent this one. May be to much work for us to take on relying on renter that takes good care etc. Not sure what to do. Thank you Scott.
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012